Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Highlights of Barzal's goals

www.seattlethunderbirds.com

T Birds were wearing a throwback uniform of the Seattle Metropolitans, a pro team founded in 1915 and won the Stanley Cup in 1917.

Wotherspoon never saw Barzal on his second goal which tied the game late in the second period.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Highlights of Barzal's goals

www.seattlethunderbirds.com

T Birds were wearing a throwback uniform of the Seattle Metropolitans, a pro team founded in 1915 and won the Stanley Cup in 1917.

Wotherspoon never saw Barzal on his second goal which tied the game late in the second period.

Thanks Rex ! Barzal just oozes talent. I hope him and Beauvillier make the Canadian WJC team and maybe play on the same line. That would be awesome. Of course I hope Dal Colle makes it too, but I think the Killer B's have a better chance.

I think our 7th round pick Hansson might make the Swedish team along with Soderstrom. Soderstrom would be a backup though, I think Felix Sandstrom would be the starter.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Thanks for that Charlie. But the stats does not seem up to date. Beauvillier for exemple has 40 points in 20 games.

Updated, thanks. Eliteprospects.com is not up to date. I'll have to get them directly from the league sites I guess.

2015/2016

Player | Team | League | GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/-
MATHEW BARZAL | Seattle Thunderbirds | WHL | 24| 9 |34 |43| 31 | +11
ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER | Shawinigan Cataractes | QMJHL | 21 |17|24 |41 |31 |+6
JOSHUA HO-SANG | Niagara IceDogs | OHL | 27| 10| 28| 38| 20| +9
MICHAEL DAL COLLE | Oshawa Generals | OHL | 27 |7 |16| 23| 8| -10
MITCHELL VANDE SOMPEL | Oshawa Generals | OHL | 15 |1 |7 |8 |8| -7
PARKER WOTHERSPOON | Tri-City Americans | WHL | 28| 5| 18| 23| 42| -14

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Thanks Rex ! Barzal just oozes talent. I hope him and Beauvillier make the Canadian WJC team and maybe play on the same line. That would be awesome. Of course I hope Dal Colle makes it too, but I think the Killer B's have a better chance.

I think our 7th round pick Hansson might make the Swedish team along with Soderstrom. Soderstrom would be a backup though, I think Felix Sandstrom would be the starter.

Very impressed with Barzal too. He's not playing with great wings either, Kolesar/Gropp are decent players. It's not like Barzal has a player like DeBrincat for example as a finisher. He does make the others around him better.

My uncle (and Quebec Remparts season ticket holder) saw Beauvillier play Friday night. Have to give him credit, he was telling me about Beauvillier last year to watch him for the draft, that was how much he liked him.

MDC would need to have a great camp most likely. With Oshawa trading Mistelle the Generals are reloading.

Don't know what kind of season Hansson is having, if Chapin is around he may know.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
December 6
Oshawa 4, Sudbury 2-MVS, 2 assists, - 1, MDC, - 1

Oshawa trades Matt Mistele to Sarnia.

Being completely honest and unbiased as an Islander fan. Dal Colle honestly does NOT DESERVE to make WJC team with the season he is having. He is not even a PPG player. Yes, Oshawa has really lost a lot of talent from last years team. But honestly, I expected more from Dal Colle. He's just proving right now that he cannot carry a team, but is merely a passenger.

Would honestly love to see Dal Colle traded to a more of a contender in the OHL so that maybe he can regain some more confidence in his game. Preferably London, or Erie. I think it is more of a confidence issue... Oshawa as a whole is struggling. It's a toxic situation to play in over there.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
McAdam having a fantastic season so far. Nice to see. You have to figure between Sorokin, Soderstrom, McAdam, Williams, Gibson & Koskinen, hopefully someone out of that group winds up being a good NHL goalie.

Took a while but at least McAdam is in the rotation with Skoff now and will play a career high in games, he already passed his win total.

Of the goalie prospects Sorokin looks like the best right now, the rest are in that group where we have to wait and see what happens.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Being completely honest and unbiased as an Islander fan. Dal Colle honestly does NOT DESERVE to make WJC team with the season he is having. He is not even a PPG player. Yes, Oshawa has really lost a lot of talent from last years team. But honestly, I expected more from Dal Colle. He's just proving right now that he cannot carry a team, but is merely a passenger.

Would honestly love to see Dal Colle traded to a more of a contender in the OHL so that maybe he can regain some more confidence in his game. Preferably London, or Erie. I think it is more of a confidence issue... Oshawa as a whole is struggling. It's a toxic situation to play in over there.

Agree, though MDC did get the invitation his play is undeserving. We knew that MDC wasn't a dynamic player (like Nylander or Ehlers), more of a compliment.

Trade should be good for him.

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Would love London or Erie to trade for Dal Colle. I wonder if his down year is making teams not want to give up all the picks it would take for him?

Would love to see him with Marner Dvorak and Tkachuck.

On the other hand Strome and Debrincat would be great too.

Hope that would light a fire under MDCs ass.
Even if he's on a bad team though you would think he should still be lightning it up? So odd that with his shot and skill set that he's not.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Would love London or Erie to trade for Dal Colle. I wonder if his down year is making teams not want to give up all the picks it would take for him?

Even if he's on a bad team though you would think he should still be lightning it up? So odd that with his shot and skill set that he's not.

Honestly, it took me a while to warm up to MDC in his draft year. I never really thought the way he was scoring points was all that impressive (compared to someone like Ehlers who I liked more).

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT

For whatever reason I could see MVS get moved in the same deal with MDC. Oshawa traded Mistele so they're obviously rebuilding.

cmh329

Nov 14, 2015
Took a while but at least McAdam is in the rotation with Skoff now and will play a career high in games, he already passed his win total.

Gadowski still going with the rotation in net, but McAdam has definitely looked the better of the two.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

It's rather disapointing that Dal Colle needs the players you mention for him to produce. I almost hope he does not make team Canada, and that would be what he needs to light a fire under is ass like Todd Bertuzzi back in 1995 (he went on to be the best player in the CHL after not been selected by team Canada).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Citing personal family reasons, MDC has requested that he not be traded from Oshawa.

:sarcasm:

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
It's rather disapointing that Dal Colle needs the players you mention for him to produce. I almost hope he does not make team Canada, and that would be what he needs to light a fire under is ass like Todd Bertuzzi back in 1995 (he went on to be the best player in the CHL after not been selected by team Canada).

i want him to make team canada if he deserves to make team canada. the only way i can see that happening is if he becomes a completely different player when he reports to their camp this week. by "different player" i mean two significant things: he needs to engage physically and he needs to actually put pucks in the net. sounds simple, right? :sarcasm:

a slow skating, non-physical, non-goal scoring forward is what he has been all season. that player doesn't make this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad