Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't think MVS plays any forward at 5v5 as is used only used on the PK as a forward at least from the Oshawa games I saw. While I think that's a really useful piece of versatility to have on a team, I don't think he projects to play that same role at the NHL level if he gets there. However, the Isles do like to have a decent stable of PK forwards (usually they play 6 or 7 in one game) and if they switch to a Tampa Bay style of 7 d-men then I could see it happen. There are of course a lot of potential problems with doing that for the Isles (they have an abundance of forwards at the NHL level and soon to come up from prospect lists) but it could happen at some point.

I never saw Vande Sompel play forward at even strength. Only time I saw him up front was on the PK, and he played the "winger" spot on the PK (ie. never took the draws).

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
I never saw Vande Sompel play forward at even strength. Only time I saw him up front was on the PK, and he played the "winger" spot on the PK (ie. never took the draws).

Vande Sompel was playing center on one of Oshawa's top 2 lines around November/December when Cassels was serving his 10 game suspension. In the memorial cup, he was back to playing his usual spot on D and played some PK shifts as a forward like you mentioned. Long term I think he is better served being a puck moving D. If he meets his upside, I think he could be a similar style player to Lubo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad