Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He has two years left, sadly.

oops..my bad. I could have sworn this was his contract year.

How did Finn look? I thought he was ok. Nothing special, but has potential.

I also thought Jesse Graham was good too..great depth.

Outside of the top prospects, what were people's thoughts on the other prospects?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I agree with your assessment. I think Bailey is a solid NHLer, shows flashes of brilliance; but too inconsistent to be a top end player. High draft pick plus rushed to NHL sets the bar high, always going to be over critiqued because of it. Having a coach like Capuano also works against players like Bailey and Strome who don't have strong intensity in their game. Capuana is high intensity and physical not methodical and skilled.

I see huge upside to MDC, but once again agree with him being a complimentary player. Doesn't have the dynamic speed or hands to create space with the puck, but can finish a pass. If he finds chemistry with a skilled playmaker watch out; if he doesn't high probability of a bust.

Flashes of brilliance ? Josh Barely? Come on now.. He's an average Joe. Mostly plays an insignificant role towards the outcome of our games.i won't say forgettable but can say unrememberable . Cheers.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Cammarata might be the least interesting prospect in our pool. Bischoff could on the other hand become a decent depth player for us. That's if he doesn't leave for free agency.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Cammarata might be the least interesting prospect in our pool. Bischoff could on the other hand become a decent depth player for us. That's if he doesn't leave for free agency.

I am guessing Bischoff gets lost in the scuffle and doesn't get signed(we have enough smallish PMD and if we didn't bother to sign Russo, I don't see why we would sign him). If Cammarata can have a solid season this year he might get a second look. I don't have high expectations for either

ettlinger

Sep 13, 2005
Kieffer Bellows with his first point for BU, an assist on a goal by Clayton Keller. BU won their season opener against Colgate 6-1.

Local290

Jun 28, 2016
Kieffer Bellows with his first point for BU, an assist on a goal by Clayton Keller. BU won their season opener against Colgate 6-1.

Any idea how much playing time he is getting? They had 2 preseason games and both were blowouts. In One of them another freshman had seven points, and Keller had a hat trick. But Bellows wasn't on scoresheet for either game other than one penalty.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Hatty for Quenneville? lmao

If that kid can overcome his size and find a way to defend half way competently, he could really be something special.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Wotherspoon with a 5pt night- 1g, 4a. Now with 10 pts in 5 games.

Once this kid fills out and cleans up some of his defensive zone play, I think he's going to be a very solid "New World" NHL defenseman. I like the way he moves the puck.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
For all the MDC and bailey comparison talk. They both have value and both play different styles of hockey. Bailey likes to pass and make the small unnoticeable plays thus why he gets alot of bashing from fans and GS trading back twice and still being a top 10 pick doesn't help. MDC looks like more of a scorer. At least in juniors he has shown that. While JB has value, MDC has more since he has that release and the promise of him lighting the lamp. We are going to need both this year, depth is always important. Next year, JB might have to look over his shoulder.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
For all the MDC and bailey comparison talk. They both have value and both play different styles of hockey. Bailey likes to pass and make the small unnoticeable plays thus why he gets alot of bashing from fans and GS trading back twice and still being a top 10 pick doesn't help. MDC looks like more of a scorer. At least in juniors he has shown that. While JB has value, MDC has more since he has that release and the promise of him lighting the lamp. We are going to need both this year, depth is always important. Next year, JB might have to look over his shoulder.

2 on 1 yesterday , Bailey with the puck down the left wing , cross the blue line,
The defender backs down, what might happen oh boy, He dumps a weak backhand into the left corner ,
The right wing on the 2 on 1 crosses in front of him to chase it deep. A BIG YUK !!
Don't worry , Bailey often plays like he is looking over his shoulder.
I really was trying to not interject here. As for Michael Dalgarno I hope I am wrong. Not a mis type.
Barzal must be on this team to start the season. He has " IT" . He can make players around him better.
For me that is the IT factor. Strome has shown flashes of it. JT of course.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Updated Ilya Sorokin numbers: 13 GP, 1.02 GAA and .952 SVS%.

He is still the #1-rated KHL goalie by GAA and SVS%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad