Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Saw Barzal in the rags game the other night- what a beauty. This kid has it, and WILL make the team this year.

I think you are right BCB, I just worry about his strength, but that's the ONLY thing I worry about with this kid. Every other thing is NHL quality, very talented kid.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Very happy to see that Otto is off to a good start. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to improve. He has tremendous size and appears to have a natural goal scoring touch, both of which you cannot teach. If he keeps working on his skating, which can be refined, he should be another solid prospect and really move up the rankings next year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Good to see our European prospects playing in their respective pro leagues.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Besides a bad hit from behind he was really solid. Very active and noticeable.

I like this kid a lot. He seems like a non-pest version of Marchand, but I think Beauvillier actually has a better slap shot. Not as good of a wrist shot (Marchand's wrist shot is ridiculous), but Beau's one-timers are incredible from the highlights I've seen from him in juniors. I hope he plays wing in the NHL, he's probably too small and doesn't seem like he can utilize his strengths at center. He had chemistry with Barzal a couple of years ago in the WJCs I believe, I hope the two of them become partners in crime in the NHL. With Beau's finishing abilities and Barzal's playmaking, seems like they'd make a nice tandem.

Are we going to call him Beau? Do people call him that? Just to save some syllables, I need to save time in my day and I thought this would be a good way to do that.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The Ilya Sorokin train just keeps rolling along...

He stopped 28 of 29 shots, good for a 2-1 win in OT, against Slovan Bratislava.

Ilya Sorokin is now at: 11 GP, 0.93 GAA and .955 SVS%.

FYI Kirill Petrov with a PPG, his fifth goal of the year (and at 5-4-9 in 14 GP), to start the scoring.

Sorokin is now the #2-ranked goalie in the KHL among qualifiers.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
The Ilya Sorokin train just keeps rolling along...

He stopped 28 of 29 shots, good for a 2-1 win in OT, against Slovan Bratislava.

Ilya Sorokin is now at: 11 GP, 0.93 GAA and .955 SVS%.

FYI Kirill Petrov with a PPG, his fifth goal of the year (and at 5-4-9 in 14 GP), to start the scoring.

Sorokin is now the #2-ranked goalie in the KHL among qualifiers.

There's actually a goalie with better stats than him? Who?

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Sorokin's pretty looking save from the recent game:

Btw, Golyshev is up in KHL again, was pointless on his return though.

This kid looks pretty legit from the highlights. Do you ever get to see him play? What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad