Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I believe Lee started the year off as Johns LW.... it was really bad. One thing you have to take into account, even though certain lines worked last year, they played a completely different system back then. Instead of three men down low hounding the puck, now they rotate the 3rd man back on D and use a two man forcheck. Lee with JT was awful without someone else to pick up for their combined deficiencies. They couldn't generate any offense together.... the same can be said with any combination including JT and Bailey.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Johan Sundström has developed _a lot_ this season. He is one of the best players in Frölunda, SHL. Do we still own his rights?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Beauvillier with 2 assists(although 1 was an empty net assist), 6-4 Shawinigan, they up 3-2 in the series

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I believe Lee started the year off as Johns LW.... it was really bad. One thing you have to take into account, even though certain lines worked last year, they played a completely different system back then. Instead of three men down low hounding the puck, now they rotate the 3rd man back on D and use a two man forcheck. Lee with JT was awful without someone else to pick up for their combined deficiencies. They couldn't generate any offense together.... the same can be said with any combination including JT and Bailey.

Yep, that's true.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Johan Sundström has developed _a lot_ this season. He is one of the best players in Frölunda, SHL. Do we still own his rights?

He left as a RFA, so I think we would still own his NHL rights.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

He's not listed on the Islanders website in the "In The System" section, but I'd imagine NYI still owns his rights.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Anas was a great college player, one of my favorites. Way better than he should have been for his size. Great shot, nice dangles. I don't think he can be a good NHL player. He'll get creamed by the big defensemen of the NHL. For every Martin St. Louis there's hundreds that don't make it. Don't be upset we didn't sign him, unless you were really excited for him to be a Sound Tiger.

Toews on the other hand, love it.

It'd be awesome if we could sign Tim Clifton, but he's going back to school next year.

Devon Toews signs ELC. Does he have a legit shot at the NHL?

Yes, he has a legit shot. He's absolutely not a slam dunk, but he has a legit shot.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
What's the rule for equipment size in the KHL? Maybe it's because the pads are all white, but they look really big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad