Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It should be noted Seattle won last night and will be moving on to the next round(Semi finals). Barzal has been held pointless in the last 2 games

Shawinigan plays tonight so a win and they move forward(they up 3-2)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Shawinigan wins the game and series. Beauvillier with a 3 point night

Ultimate Warrior

Mar 3, 2004
Anyone have an update about how MDC has looked after his first 3 pro games?

Was able to see him Sunday against Providence. It was his 4th game in 5 days so I wasn't expecting much jump from him. Definitely needs some time to adjust to the pro game pace. There are a few areas he needs to show major improvement in if he wants to be an NHL top 6 forward. His first step and overall quickness need to be much better and he needs to start playing a bit more assertive. His biggest strength right now is actually protecting the puck on the boards and making plays on the cycle. Hopefully he puts in a good amount of work during the summer and then has a very good rookie year in the AHL playing top minutes in all situations. Don't need to rush him.

GiveDWrightskates

Jul 9, 2007
Oslo
Was able to see him Sunday against Providence. It was his 4th game in 5 days so I wasn't expecting much jump from him. Definitely needs some time to adjust to the pro game pace. There are a few areas he needs to show major improvement in if he wants to be an NHL top 6 forward. His first step and overall quickness need to be much better and he needs to start playing a bit more assertive. His biggest strength right now is actually protecting the puck on the boards and making plays on the cycle. Hopefully he puts in a good amount of work during the summer and then has a very good rookie year in the AHL playing top minutes in all situations. Don't need to rush him.

Thanks for your observations!

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

he was such a skinny kid when he was drafted, not unlike deHaan was. I expect he'll need another year or two in the AHL. If he can put on some muscle and work on his skating, he'll be a good NHLer.

I always thought he played an NHL style game of puck protection, smart passes, solid hockey IQ and instincts.

I suspect Barzal will be the first of the "big four" to make an impact in the NHL, then Ho-Sang, Beauvillier and DalColle - age and draft position notwithstanding.

Last edited:

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Sorokin is not having a good game in game 7 of the KHL. Down 2-1 after 2 periods, and a pretty soft second goal. Getting grossly outplayed by Koshechkin, who is the only reason that Metallurg is in the game at all.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Sorokin is not having a good game in game 7 of the KHL. Down 2-1 after 2 periods, and a pretty soft second goal. Getting grossly outplayed by Koshechkin, who is the only reason that Metallurg is in the game at all.

Koshechkin is the only reason this wasn't over after 5 games, stole the series if they win it. CSKA should have at least 10 more goals than they have in this series. Some of it puck luck (a Cappy term), and a lot of it Koshechkin.

That being said, even if CSKA loses, no reason to get down on Sorokin, he has been amazing throughout the playoffs, and is a major reason they are in game 7 of the Finals. Oh yeah, he's done all of that, and he's only 20. A great prospect, and a steal by Garth in the 3rd round.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Koshechkin is the only reason this wasn't over after 5 games, stole the series if they win it. CSKA should have at least 10 more goals than they have in this series. Some of it puck luck (a Cappy term), and a lot of it Koshechkin.

That being said, even if CSKA loses, no reason to get down on Sorokin, he has been amazing throughout the playoffs, and is a major reason they are in game 7 of the Finals. Oh yeah, he's done all of that, and he's only 20. A great prospect, and a steal by Garth in the 3rd round.

Absolutely agreed on all counts. He's been sensational all season long including the playoffs, but today wasn't his best showing - particularly the 2nd goal

scott99

May 13, 2005
Absolutely agreed on all counts. He's been sensational all season long including the playoffs, but today wasn't his best showing - particularly the 2nd goal

I wouldn't say the 2nd goal was a bad goal. Just watched he highlights. He was hung out to dry on both goals against. First goal was a breakaway, and 2nd goal, it was a dman sneaking into the high slot. I think the goal looked weak because he got a piece of it, slowing down the puck a little. Great shot by the dman.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Beauvillier's Shawinigan are going to face Saint John in the semi finals. On defense, they seem to be strong with Thomas Chabot, Jakub Zboril and Luke Green.
So far, Beauvillier has 14 points in 11 games. But what's interesting, he has more point on the road vs game at home. At home it's 5 pts in 6 games with 1 goals, while on the road he has 9 points in 5 games with 5 goals. My impression, it's I think he put to much pressure on himself when playing at home.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Beauvillier's Shawinigan are going to face Saint John in the semi finals. On defense, they seem to be strong with Thomas Chabot, Jakub Zboril and Luke Green.
So far, Beauvillier has 14 points in 11 games. But what's interesting, he has more point on the road vs game at home. At home it's 5 pts in 6 games with 1 goals, while on the road he has 9 points in 5 games with 5 goals. My impression, it's I think he put to much pressure on himself when playing at home.

I'm guessing this is strictly sample-size related. Unless he's the anti-Gaudreau

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
niagara wins game one 3-2 over barrie. down 2-0, the dogs pot three goals in just over a minute in the third. ho-sang's tied it.

game two is saturday night.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
FWIW, Seattle won tonight and Shawinny lost. Beauvillier with 1G/1A; Barzal with 1 goal in the win.

All three of the top guys play tomorrow(tonight).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad