Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
More of Ilya Sorokin:

uhhhh, any goalie in the world over the age of 10 stops that puck. that "high quality" shooter couldn't have put it anymore into his chest than he did. i'm sure he's made some spine tingling saves...but this one doesn't qualify.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Johan Sundström has developed _a lot_ this season. He is one of the best players in Frölunda, SHL. Do we still own his rights?

Is he expressing any interest in returning to NA? Playing in the NHL?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
uhhhh, any goalie in the world over the age of 10 stops that puck. that "high quality" shooter couldn't have put it anymore into his chest than he did. i'm sure he's made some spine tingling saves...but this one doesn't qualify.

Agree. But I would also like to add that the shooter looks like he's current Islander material.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
okay, i'm totally not picking on the kid BUT...there is no need for a further stop if he merely holds the initial shot rather than giving up a juicy rebound.

You do understand that almost all highlight reel saves are off second chances (IE: the goalie didn't hold the initial shot). Making that second save is what separates the great goalies from the good/average.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
You do understand that almost all highlight reel saves are off second chances (IE: the goalie didn't hold the initial shot). Making that second save is what separates the great goalies from the good/average.

great goalies swallow up routine shots. the kid didn't do that in the highlight above.

this is funny: i just watched the queen do that for the pens as i'm typing. want to know why you'll never see that particular highlight? because he didn't give up a foolish rebound resulting in either (a) a great follow up save or (b) a goal.

the greats make routine plays look routine.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
great goalies swallow up routine shots. the kid didn't do that in the highlight above.

this is funny: i just watched the queen do that for the pens as i'm typing. want to know why you'll never see that particular highlight? because he didn't give up a foolish rebound resulting in either (a) a great follow up save or (b) a goal.

the greats make routine plays look routine.

That wasn't an easily swallowed up shot. Be mindful, you're talking about a kid that posted a GAA barely over 1 and a SV% well into the .950's.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
That wasn't an easily swallowed up shot. Be mindful, you're talking about a kid that posted a GAA barely over 1 and a SV% well into the .950's.

i'm being mindful of the fact that he is a professional goalie. professional goalies are to swallow up shots like the one shown in the provided video clip.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
i'm being mindful of the fact that he is a professional goalie. professional goalies are to swallow up shots like the one shown in the provided video clip.

Dude.... it was 1 shot lol

Even the best goalies fail to make routine saves every now and then. It happens.

Now, I'm not saying this kid is the next Tretriak...just think we need to be mindful of the whole sample size thing lol

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Dude.... it was 1 shot lol

Even the best goalies fail to make routine saves every now and then. It happens.

Now, I'm not saying this kid is the next Tretriak...just think we need to be mindful of the whole sample size thing lol

dude, what i said was that he shouldn't have had to make the follow up glove save. that's it. that's all.

have i indicated that he regularly screws up? nope. it was a comment about one freaking clip. big deal!

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Oh Pat Kane had 100 points.... but remember that one time in that one game where he turned the puck over? I mean... he scored a goal anyway, but what a scrub am I right? [/dunce]

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
He had at least one nice rush with the puck, played solid in his own end.... was willing to use his body and even got into a fight. The kid looks like he's got a nice future.

Good to hear. I think he's going to be something special for a 4th round pick.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
I'm trying to be nice.... you have to either be an imbecile or intentionally contrarian to judge someones ability on the back of one save over an entire body of work. This is why I'm careful with my infractions..... so I can publicly shame dumbasses like yourself. Congratulations, it doesn't happen often.... you have to say something really dumb for this to happen.

i'm not a dumbass at all. the kid didn't make the initial save. that is what i saw and that is what i commented on. i'm not judging anyone's ability. i've been quite clear on that. i'm judging one play because that is what was posted. it's really not hard to figure out, friend. and i would say that you're shaming yourself, not me lol. :popcorn:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
i'm not a dumbass at all. the kid didn't make the initial save. that is what i saw and that is what i commented on. i'm not judging anyone's ability. i've been quite clear on that. i'm judging one play because that is what was posted. it's really not hard to figure out, friend. and i would say that you're shaming yourself, not me lol. :popcorn:

He didn't? Because it's quite clear that he did.... then followed that save up with another save.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
He didn't? Because it's quite clear that he did.... then followed that save up with another save.

didn't make the original save properly/correctly. you can say that he did if you like. up to you. pm me if you would like to continue this discussion. the other posters here don't need to see a circular conversation when they are coming here looking for quality informaiton. also, no point in you earning more infractions for name calling/flaming/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad