Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Not the best picture of Wally lol

wally should start losing that baby face of his soon. It's starting to show up now as he's emerging in the playoffs
wally.jpg

Reactions: SI90

scott99

May 13, 2005
Nice to see our draftees succeeding. Btw, I really wanted Morrow in the draft.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nice to see our draftees succeeding. Btw, I really wanted Morrow in the draft.

he was high on my list. I only saw highlights and read reports but he was one of the best high school players. Would not be surprised if he only played 1-2 years of college and signed pro.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
As I said in the other thread AR’s potential compensates for not having a 1st rounder in the past two drafts. He’s essentially a first rounder.

He looks to be the total package of skill sets (minus the skating, but that can be improved).

I really can’t remember the last time NYI drafted an elite forward outside of the 1st round (I don’t consider Lee elite).

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We take chances..

Drafted Kabanov, Ho-sang, Petrov in later rounds (or later than they should have been picked).....we are bound to get some luck here and there...first was Barzal and now it's Raty.

Sometimes we get lucky...it's just math :cool:

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
We take chances..

Drafted Kabanov, Ho-sang, Petrov in later rounds (or later than they should have been picked).....we are bound to get some luck here and there...first was Barzal and now it's Raty.

Sometimes we get lucky...it's just math :cool:
Cizikas and Lee are good examples as well.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Obviously the high end if he reaches his potential is a top6 point producing center but I’d sign up for a legit 3rd line center all day. I have a really good feeling about him though. Think he may take a couple of years but I think he’s going to be a really solid player.

Oh for sure, his ceiling is star caliber once he improves his skating and decision making on smaller ice. His hands and shot are elite.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Oh for sure, his ceiling is star caliber once he improves his skating and decision making on smaller ice. His hands and shot are elite.

I've noticed that quite a lot of high end Finnish prospects over the years lack in the skating department. Barkov wasn't a great skater in his draft year, Krappo Kakko is a sub par skater, Laine lacks in skating, Jesse Joensuu had heavy boots (like Raty, he was projected very high when he was 15/16), Puljujarvi actually has wheels yet no hockey IQ, Aho is a star yet isn't a high end skater, etc.

Anyone else notice this trend? I wonder if skating isn't a main focus in Finnish development.

@Chapin Landvogt am I off base here or have you noticed this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad