Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Since I'm confident the Mods won't let me make this a separate thread, let's throw it out here.

What's the one under the radar prospect that you think surprises us the most two years from now as far as making the team?

I'll take two of them, one already playing in Bridgeport and one from the last draft.

I thought Blade Jenkins started well in his Bridgeport stint and has good size. His junior numbers were pretty constant. I think we see him earn a full-time position on Bridgeport.

And I mentioned before that I think Dufour was an absolute steal in the 5th round, so those are mine. Dufour will likely need a third year before making it but he's on the right path.

Dufour or Newkirk.

Although something tells me we're gonna have a lot more interest in Rajaniemi in several year's time.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Since I'm confident the Mods won't let me make this a separate thread, let's throw it out here.

What's the one under the radar prospect that you think surprises us the most two years from now as far as making the team?

I'll take two of them, one already playing in Bridgeport and one from the last draft.

I thought Blade Jenkins started well in his Bridgeport stint and has good size. His junior numbers were pretty constant. I think we see him earn a full-time position on Bridgeport.

And I mentioned before that I think Dufour was an absolute steal in the 5th round, so those are mine. Dufour will likely need a third year before making it but he's on the right path.
Reese Newkirk.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

Dufour was seen as a steal then and has done very well since.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Interesting.

I wonder if that's because there will be more overage players this year since they basically lost their last year of regular juniors eligibility? Is that even possible, or would they need to bend the rules?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Defensemen only - He did good jobs with Pelech, Pulock and Mayfield. It is the offense development part I somehow worry a bit about, unless the talent level is quite high.

Correct!

And Toews must be mentioned as well. Thompson probably worked more with Toews than any of the others.

PS) I wouldn't say defensemen only. Wahlstrom had a BAD post-draft season with Boston College. Then he was signed and sent to Bridgeport. Sure, the numbers there for one season were anything but earthshattering, but then we saw what he did this season up in the show and I think all of us are pretty certain that some pretty good things are coming.

Otherwise, and we talked about this addendum elsewhere on the boards, we cannot find one forward who he worked with Thompson, was a dud, and then went elsewhere to make it big. Not one.

Reactions: Brain Hemorrhage

scott99

May 13, 2005
Does anyone?
Yeah, Barzal wowed me, Bellows wowed me, Sorokin wowed me, Wahlstrom, I was wowed by his performance at the U18’s, was decent at the WJC’s. Bode Wilde, I was very impressed by his play at the U18’s. There has been a decent amount of Isle’s prospects that have wowed me throughout the years with their WJC performances. And I have stated so when they’ve impressed me.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, Barzal wowed me, Bellows wowed me, Sorokin wowed me, Wahlstrom, I was wowed by his performance at the U18’s, was decent at the WJC’s. Bode Wilde, I was very impressed by his play at the U18’s. There has been a decent amount of Isle’s prospects that have wowed me throughout the years with their WJC performances. And I have stated so when they’ve impressed me.

At first I was gonna be like, wtf is Bellows doing on this list n then saw you kept it to WJC performances. As much as I like the showcase, it’s hard to put a lot of stock into a very very short tournament.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
At first I was gonna be like, wtf is Bellows doing on this list n then saw you kept it to WJC performances. As much as I like the showcase, it’s hard to put a lot of stock into a very very short tournament.
And even more true when you notice he is including a guy who played all of 3 games as wowing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad