Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Funny stat:

Sorokin has a 1.57 GAA and a .934 save % but still has managed to lose 7 of his 22 games . . . how bad is his team's offense?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Elliot Friedman 31 thoughts. Doesn’t make sense to me but would really suck if true. Would make the Varly signing ridiculous.

“14. A couple of my Russian contacts reached out after last week’s note about Islanders goaltending prospect Ilya Sorokin — who is considering an extension in the KHL. They think he’s trying to force a trade from New York to someplace with a clearer path to start. There would be interest — he’s very talented. We’ll see where this goes.”

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Elliot Friedman 31 thoughts. Doesn’t make sense to me but would really suck if true. Would make the Varly signing ridiculous.

“14. A couple of my Russian contacts reached out after last week’s note about Islanders goaltending prospect Ilya Sorokin — who is considering an extension in the KHL. They think he’s trying to force a trade from New York to someplace with a clearer path to start. There would be interest — he’s very talented. We’ll see where this goes.”
Where exactly would that someplace be? He wants to go to Detroit, or New Jersey? I would think we have as clear path as it gets... 1 year back up, 1 year split and then starter and Vezina..

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Where exactly would that someplace be? He wants to go to Detroit, or New Jersey? I would think we have as clear path as it gets... 1 year back up, 1 year split and then starter and Vezina..

Supposedly Shero already tried on Sorokin but Lou won’t give in.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Unless Igor Eronko can confirm this, then I consider it a bunch of bullshit.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Very strange note from Friedman I'd say. I mean, that whole thing about "considering an extension in the KHL", as it was reported he isn't considering, but was just offered one (and the fact that there will be an offer from CSKA was known like always, so that didn't change anything). Although what is something that makes sense is that he wants a clear path and it might be not so clear for him at this point (from his point of view), as he doesn't know what the plans on Greiss are. So if Greiss is re-signed I can think he might be wanting a trade.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Very strange note from Friedman I'd say. I mean, that whole thing about "considering an extension in the KHL", as it was reported he isn't considering, but was just offered one (and the fact that there will be an offer from CSKA was known like always, so that didn't change anything). Although what is something that makes sense is that he wants a clear path and it might be not so clear for him at this point (from his point of view), as he doesn't know what the plans on Greiss are. So if Greiss is re-signed I can think he might be wanting a trade.

Yeah, and we're nowhere near the point of needing to re-sign Greiss I don't think.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Not after last night

Recency bias aside, Greiss has been stellar with the exception of playing under Doug Weight and that porous D.

I'd gladly take him as a 1b on shorter extension if Varlamov wasn't signed, he hasn't played himself off the team but may be shown the door to make room for Sorokin. The communication between NHL org's and some of the Russian guys camps seems poor...

We need to determine what this guys intentions are before letting Greiss walk, whether he demands a trade or extends in the KHL, we'd be leaning on Varlamov to carry the load which would get us in hot water real quick.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Supposedly Shero already tried on Sorokin but Lou won’t give in.
Trade Sorokin & JHS or Dal Colle to NJ for a 2020 1st round pick. If Sorokin wants out of the Islander's clutches, the ask has to be high, best goalie outside the NHL.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

they are not resigning Greiss - the team has a cap to contend with - they have to resign Barzal, Toews, and Pulock - they can not afford to resign Greiss.

it is the best situation for Sorokin - the defensive system, a compatriot as a fellow netminder, Lou, Trotz, goalie coach Korn -

He will have every opportunity to take the reigns as the #1. If Varlamov needs to be moved - he can be left exposed in the expansion draft after Sorokin’s first year.

For me- I see it as a tactic to have assurances he starts in the NHL and not in the AHL like his colleague on the Rangers is doing presently. This might be a tactic/angle to sign this spring to burn his last year of His ELC

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Igor vs Elliotte in a steel cage match. I think I go with Igor in that one.

Location matters. Elliotte might last longer if it's held in North America. If it's in Russia then he needs to get started on the yoga right away. He needs to get flexible enough to kiss his own ass goodbye since he has no real credibility over there.

Reactions: doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad