Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Who are the organization’s RWs that would be ahead of Wahlstrom next season if Eberle did not return?

I’m his biggest fan, but if you’re referring to Ho-Sang, his ELC runs out this year and I have a gut feeling the organization is going to be ready to move on from him.

It’s quite possible he doesn’t even finish the season with Islanders even if they trade Eberle. He hasn’t really shown he can be an everyday NHLer and has never destroyed the AHL like a player with his talent should.

Even if Ho-Sang's ELC runs out - why not qualify him - I believe he would still be waiver eligible next season.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Who are the organization’s RWs that would be ahead of Wahlstrom next season if Eberle did not return?

I’m his biggest fan, but if you’re referring to Ho-Sang, his ELC runs out this year and I have a gut feeling the organization is going to be ready to move on from him.

It’s quite possible he doesn’t even finish the season with Islanders even if they trade Eberle. He hasn’t really shown he can be an everyday NHLer and has never destroyed the AHL like a player with his talent should.
Curious why you would think that? Qualifying him if anything is a no risk-high reward situation. Plus Lamoriello and Trotz have stated how they're starting with a clean slate for him and how they see him apart of the future. I actually don't see them moving on after the season.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Curious why you would think that? Qualifying him if anything is a no risk-high reward situation. Plus Lamoriello and Trotz have stated how they're starting with a clean slate for him and how they see him apart of the future. I actually don't see them moving on after the season.

I don't see why there's reason to prejudge it either way. It's up to Josh. He *can* do it , meaning, he can earn a spot on the team this year. But he very well might phase out too.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Even if Ho-Sang's ELC runs out - why not qualify him - I believe he would still be waiver eligible next season.

I wasn't saying they weren't going to qualify him. Just that they would move him.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wahlstrom making his regular season non exhibition NCAA debut tonight.

He’s the the top line LW. Interesting they have him playing his off wing like OVI

Reactions: islesfan3913

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Wahlstrom making his regular season non exhibition NCAA debut tonight.

He’s the the top line LW. Interesting they have him playing his off wing like OVI

Like PW said, I’m fine with this if he can pull it off. Gives us a ton of flexibility if he is able to play both wings.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
This kid so slept on, he's gonna be a big time producer in the NCAA. Whether or not that translates to the big show, time will tell ...
Happen to watch Russia play at under 18s and he was there best player on the ice. Size of course an issue but skills vision passing top notch to go along with excellent edge work. Hopefully we hit a gem here.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Only scoring for the BC game is K'Andre Miller, guy I really wanted with our 2nd rounder (who the Rags took late in the 1st), for the Wisconsin badgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad