Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
End of the 2nd period and Wilde has 1G + 1A and plus 3. He is playing well and the defense is getting better. As long as he can mature and be more disciplined his D will be fine.

Edit-Jenkins from Wilde 5-1 3 min into the 3rd.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011

Tough break for Team Canada. Noah the future dobson had a wide open net to one time the puck in for the OT winner...........his stick snaps in half, Finland scores on the rush the other way.

Was also a fluky goal for finalnd to even tie the game. Overall, the future dobson had a great game.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tough break for Team Canada. Noah the future dobson had a wide open net to one time the puck in for the OT winner...........his stick snaps in half, Finland scores on the rush the other way.

Was also a fluky goal for finalnd to even tie the game. Overall, the future dobson had a great game.

That was horrible. Canadian fans mad at Dobson because his stick broke lmao. Canada out. Not being homer, Dobson was their best all around Defensman.

Reactions: xIsle

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That was horrible. Canadian fans mad at Dobson because his stick broke lmao. Canada out. Not being homer, Dobson was their best all around Defensman.

That was a crazy game. Sucks for Dobson. Lady luck was on Finland's side. Their 1st goal to tie it was so lucky too.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
i know wahlstrom was sick but i also saw someone on twitter asking pronnman why he keeps getting demoted and less playing time? anyone knows whats up with him this tournament? his 1G was pretty nice

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I agree, Dobson was really solid tonight. The stick that breaks is bad luck, it's silly to blame him for that.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Them and it’s funny when Canada loses his bad Canadian fans **** on everything. Everyone sucks lol
We are used to winning all the time at these events and get real triggered over losing. Thankfully the keyboard warriors we see on HFboards are far removed from the classy folks who run Hockey Canada - Canadian tradition is to be a good sport

Reactions: SI90

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Notice how it is mostly Edmonton fans trashing him
I’ve watched all of Canada’s games and this was really the first one that
He really looked good and confident, tough break on stick as it was a surly
Game winner

Dobson seems to take time to get his confidence but when he does there is no looking back unfortunately for Canada we won’t see how it progresses this year

Reactions: PWJunior

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I agree, Dobson was really solid tonight. The stick that breaks is bad luck, it's silly to blame him for that.

I think most fans aren't blaming him, but rather feel kinda bad for him that Dobson is probably going to be thinking about that play for a very long time if not forever. Would've been an awesome game winning goal except his stick breaks right at that moment. :(

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I’ve watched all of Canada’s games and this was really the first one that
He really looked good and confident, tough break on stick as it was a surly
Game winner

Dobson seems to take time to get his confidence but when he does there is no looking back unfortunately for Canada we won’t see how it progresses this year

He started out on a rotation on the 3rd pairing, no PP, some PK. Moved his way up as the tournament went on. He flashed everything in his scouting report. Hunter rode the wrong guys, he wanted to lean on the 19 year olds on offense and defense. If they went further, Dobson would have gotten even more ice time and responsibility.

Tough break for kid for sure. He might get another chance next year as he and Smith will be the top dogs on defense. He was only a support piece this year, but he impressed.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dostal outstanding for Czech. I loved the Skarek pick but Dostal was picked a few picks later. Anything can happen going forward but interesting to look out for. Hopefully we made the right choice.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Wahlstrom on the other hand has me concerned this year

I agree. For a kid that has already filled out for his age, he doesnt play aggressive what so ever. He needs to go to the CHL and spend a year later in the AHL. He has a ways to go. Someone has to light a fire under that kids ass.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I agree. For a kid that has already filled out for his age, he doesnt play aggressive what so ever. He needs to go to the CHL and spend a year later in the AHL. He has a ways to go. Someone has to light a fire under that kids ass.

He's supposedly under the weather. Let's wait until the tournament is over before we make any big assumptions about him. He has the ability to change the game.

Jack Hughes looks damn good. Amazing skater, he might be even shifter than Barzal. He'll have to get stronger on his skates and more physically mature so he can be as strong on the puck as our boy though. He's looks like a young Gordon Bombay out there.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Canada out . . . The JT 'Flannel Failure' version of Karma . . . now have the Isles eliminate the Leafs and the Armageddon is complete! Boy, Tim Hunter just screwed the pooch on an NHL coaching job this offseason. Did he really call out a 17-year old during this tournament in the press? Can you imagine a high school junior football player getting trashed in the NY Post by his high school coach?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He started out on a rotation on the 3rd pairing, no PP, some PK. Moved his way up as the tournament went on. He flashed everything in his scouting report. Hunter rode the wrong guys, he wanted to lean on the 19 year olds on offense and defense. If they went further, Dobson would have gotten even more ice time and responsibility.

Tough break for kid for sure. He might get another chance next year as he and Smith will be the top dogs on defense. He was only a support piece this year, but he impressed.

I feel for him. He was a broken stick away from being a hero. I’m proud of him though and I’m excited goinf forward

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Canada out . . . The JT 'Flannel Failure' version of Karma . . . now have the Isles eliminate the Leafs and the Armageddon is complete! Boy, Tim Hunter just screwed the pooch on an NHL coaching job this offseason. Did he really call out a 17-year old during this tournament in the press? Can you imagine a high school junior football player getting trashed in the NY Post by his high school coach?

He chose the wrong leaders and chose to ride the wrong players. He publicly declared that he was going to lean on the 19 year olds on offense and defense. Smith and Dobson were the best overall players on defense, they're both 18.

Dobson and Smith are the likely top dogs of the defense next year, will have letters if they're back. I don't know about Smith, but I don't think Dobson will be able to crack the NHL lineup next year. Maybe he gets the 9-game look and then is sent back to the Q.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I feel for him. He was a broken stick away from being a hero. I’m proud of him though and I’m excited goinf forward

I think he'll get a chance to make up for it next year. He's going to be a big piece for next year's team. Maybe he gets the C? Will wear an A if he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad