Isles picking 4th or 5th= Ryan Murphy

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
One thing I've noticed when watching him is his quick stick...he makes up for his size the way he plays...breaks up alot of 2 on 1s with the poke check and stick in the lane.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
isles pick will the most difficult to decipher mainly because snow seems to like to make picks out of left field...

that being said landeskog seems to make a lot of sense for them... if he's there at 4 i can't see the isles passing on him, but if they pick later (5-6) then murphy is a def possibility, although i would argue they still take a forward (strome etc...)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Size

I like Murphy, but what the Isles need on D is SIZE. They have Jurcina and Hamonic...After that - ZERO size/toughness. And DeHaan, Donovan, Kessel, Katic or any other D prospect is not bringing it.

I'm all for BPA, but I truly wonder if Murphy's "not huge frame" is going to translate to the blue-chip NHL prospect that so many are projecting.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I don't want anything to do with Murphy. He's way too small. I'd like Larsson or Hamilton.

I like Murphy, but what the Isles need on D is SIZE. They have Jurcina and Hamonic...After that - ZERO size/toughness. And DeHaan, Donovan, Kessel, Katic or any other D prospect is not bringing it.

I'm all for BPA, but I truly wonder if Murphy's "not huge frame" is going to translate to the blue-chip NHL prospect that so many are projecting.

I'd like to see Murphy's measurements at the combine.

He is small, but the Islanders dont have a puck moving defenseman in the system like Murphy. You cant really compare him to the Donovan and Katic, because hes on another level. The only real PMD we have at the NHL level is Streit. He would bring a dynamic to the Isles I think they are really lacking.

I think it comes down to if the Isles want to draft a player that probably in the NHL for maybe 4 years or go for a forward like Strome or Huberdeau who could maker a quicker transition to the NHL.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I don't want anything to do with Murphy. He's way too small. I'd like Larsson or Hamilton.

Way too small for what?

How big is Dan Boyle? Tobias Enstrom? Brian Rafalski? Lubomir Visnovsky? Erik Karlsson?

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado
Too bad for the Islanders that Colorado will pick before them. There's probably a 50% chance Colorado passes on any of the big 4 that are left just to draft Murphy. Our fetish for undersized PMD is legendary and our scouts have a "crazy like a fox" attitude about them as well.

arsmaster*

That has nothing to do with my post.

Thanks for the pathetic attempt at a veiled insult however.

Wasnt meant as an insult, just pointing out that in just about every thread you take the "kitchener side"....

Which is fine, I do the same with my home team as well from time to time....

I just feel your love for every thing Kitchener is blinding your views of other prospects...

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Too bad for the Islanders that Colorado will pick before them. There's probably a 50% chance Colorado passes on any of the big 4 that are left just to draft Murphy. Our fetish for undersized PMD is legendary and our scouts have a "crazy like a fox" attitude about them as well.

I can't believe the way Colorado has plummeted in the standings...

You really think they'd take Murphy with Elliot and Barrie in the system or were you just poking fun at your front office?

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado
I can't believe the way Colorado has plummeted in the standings...

You really think they'd take Murphy with Elliot and Barrie in the system or were you just poking fun at your front office?

I was serious about Colorado having a fetish for PMD. We draft 2 every year. We traded for Matt Hunwick despite having Liles, Cumiskey, and Shattenkirk all in the lineup.

It's maybe not 50% chance they take Murphy, but it's a non-trivial chance that it happens. Enough so that I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Way too small for what?

How big is Dan Boyle? Tobias Enstrom? Brian Rafalski? Lubomir Visnovsky? Erik Karlsson?

Those guys can all skate like wind. I've heard Murphy isn't much a a burner either. Any truth to that?

Clownpipe*

Those guys can all skate like wind. I've heard Murphy isn't much a a burner either. Any truth to that?

You sure you're not thinking of Ellis? Where'd you hear that? Murphy is a fantastic skater...in the upper echelon of dmen to come out of the OHL in the last decade.

member 96824

Skating is the biggest asset of Murphy. I don't know where you heard that, but I'd ask for your money back.

This kid is the real deal at the junior level and will be the real deal at the big league level as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad