Staples Twitter: Isles have hired Steve Pellegrini as Assistant GM

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
If Lou brings nothing else, his Rolodex is worth its weight in gold. We went from having AHL connections to big time NHL ones. Weight at least had connections from his playing days but Cappy and Snow had no league wide experience before coming in.

I don't really know who Lou will being in but I do know that universe of guys being considered is pretty wide. And right now for me, if whoever is brought in is good enough for Lou, it's good enough for me.

Can you remember the last time this FO had the benefit of the doubt? I can't.

This really is the best point. LL brings his own wealth of knowledge and expertise; but a world’s worth of resources.

We now have someone who designed the CBA informing LL. That’s probably how he got out of the Lupul, Cowen etc. deals in TO.

I’m wondering if they have a creative plan for Ladd and/or Clutter.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Someone posted a while back that Hunter may not be interested in being a GM as his main interest is scouting. If that's true, then there's room for him too.
I thought Hunter was leaving Toronto because he was passed over and did not get the GM job.

If he wanted to only focus on scouting, he could just stay with Toronto.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
I always thought Garth Snow's cap didn't fit quite right on his head. About time they got a fashionista in here!!! We need a Tie Guru next!

We had a Tie Guru. Too bad he is long gone. :skeptic:

55654992.jpg

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
This really is the best point. LL brings his own wealth of knowledge and expertise; but a world’s worth of resources.

We now have someone who designed the CBA informing LL. That’s probably how he got out of the Lupul, Cowen etc. deals in TO.

I’m wondering if they have a creative plan for Ladd and/or Clutter.
I didnt take the time to deep dive into the details but wasnt there a season in which the devils could only dress X amount of players due to salary cap issues ?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I didnt take the time to deep dive into the details but wasnt there a season in which the devils could only dress X amount of players due to salary cap issues ?

I couldn’t dig up the story myself. But my hazy memory recollects something to that effect. Was the noncompliance under Pellegrini’s guidance? I also recall there being loopholes w Kovy’s contract.

That said, these transgressions were early in the CBA where I would imagine grounds were fertile for experimentation and executives were still ‘playing’ w things.

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
What this tells me is, Lou looked at the payroll for this team compared to individual performance, and said, “WTF?”

Reactions: SI90

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What this tells me is, Lou looked at the payroll for this team compared to individual performance, and said, “WTF?”

Guys like Ladd, Clutterbuck, Greiss, and I’ll throw Cizikas in there too should be shitting their pants.

If they have seasons like they did last year, they’ll be selling their house faster than they can spell ‘Lamoriello’.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Guys like Ladd, Clutterbuck, Greiss, and I’ll throw Cizikas in there too should be ****ting their pants.

If they have seasons like they did last year, they’ll be selling their house faster than they can spell ‘Lamoriello’.

Doesn't Ladd have a full-NTC? Modified won't kick in for another few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad