Staples Twitter: Isles have hired Steve Pellegrini as Assistant GM

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Does this put us out of the running for the Toronto guy who is going to be available after draft/FA?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I just gotta laugh. Can anyone EVER imagine Snow hiring a 'Cap guru'?
I feel like the collective hockey IQ of this front office went from 2 to about 500 in the last 3 weeks.

Snow was pretty good with circumventing the cap and getting players to sign quality deals early on...then he went off the rails overpaying for loyalty.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Does this put us out of the running for the Toronto guy who is going to be available after draft/FA?
Someone posted a while back that Hunter may not be interested in being a GM as his main interest is scouting. If that's true, then there's room for him too.

Reactions: IODCPiper

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah ISLES front office and coach payroll probably quadrupled this off-season. The days of only hiring the lowest paid coaches and front office are over. By September snow and weight won't even have their own office.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
If Lou brings nothing else, his Rolodex is worth its weight in gold. We went from having AHL connections to big time NHL ones. Weight at least had connections from his playing days but Cappy and Snow had no league wide experience before coming in.

I don't really know who Lou will being in but I do know that universe of guys being considered is pretty wide. And right now for me, if whoever is brought in is good enough for Lou, it's good enough for me.

Can you remember the last time this FO had the benefit of the doubt? I can't.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
If Lou brings nothing else, his Rolodex is worth its weight in gold. We went from having AHL connections to big time NHL ones. Weight at least had connections from his playing days but Cappy and Snow had no league wide experience before coming in.

I don't really know who Lou will being in but I do know that universe of guys being considered is pretty wide. And right now for me, if whoever is brought in is good enough for Lou, it's good enough for me.

For what it's worth, I've read multiple times that Snow is highly respected around the league and by other GM's. Snow did bring in Loiselle and McPhee into the front office...

scott99

May 13, 2005

It's been a great spring for Isle's news, hopefully the summer starts with a great new coach, and a big time signing (JT).

Reactions: IODCPiper

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Snow was pretty good with circumventing the cap and getting players to sign quality deals early on...then he went off the rails overpaying for loyalty.

Yeah - He was good at manipulating the cap floor, but if he ever had to manipulate the cap ceiling it would be because he loves handing out contracts to bottom-6 players like they were top-6.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Where is the "superlike" button?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad