Isles' Arena Gets Final Approval

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I’m definitely going to be searching lol
cut.jpg
Islanders-Arena-Rendering.jpg

Very nice. The whole modern/sleek/Bundesliga/amoeboid aesthetic like Rogers Place doesn’t really appeal to me.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Thats fantastic news. Now get the shovels in the dirt and get to work before something bad happens and the project gets nixed before work starts.

Reactions: beach

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Not siren if official but this seems to be the placement for everything. Surprised the hotel looks so small.

Islanders-overview.jpg

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Big fan of that design too. Looks brilliant. Think it's the best looking arena in the league.

Nowadays when they design so called "amazing" buildings it's almost always some crazy looking one-piece monolith. It's especially prevalent in arenas, and you get these spaceship (or bicycle helmet) looking buildings that are cool I guess at first glance but after you've seen them a couple of times they get kinda old. But this one has that old-timey feel of more human-like design, human scale, as well as organic design. Rather than being a huge one-piece art-like structure, it's a big structure made smaller with all these different little elements that a human eye fixates on every time you see it and it never gets boring. It's uncomfortable for autistic people (like the fathers of modernistic architecture) who can't deal with the sensory overload and want simple looking one-piece things, but I think it's nice for pretty much everyone else.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Wow, that looks sharp! I will really miss the constant Honda jokes though and the first thing I looked for on that schematic was if there was still a space down there for one. Maybe they can hang one from the rafters in tribute?

Reactions: beach and SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad