Isles' Arena Gets Final Approval

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not siren if official but this seems to be the placement for everything. Surprised the hotel looks so small.

Islanders-overview.jpg
TAILGATING!!!

Reactions: SI90

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I wonder if it'll attract other sports franchises to Belmont Park, like a third NBA team in New York (not the Nets because they'll be a fixture at Barclays Center) or NLL.

But from what I understand it's going to be strictly for the Islanders. But nonetheless I'm excited for Islanders fans, they truly deserve this.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Congrats to Isles fans, who have waited a LONG time for a light at the end of this tunnel.
I second this, division rival or not, it’s epically stressful as a fan having unstable ground under your team in terms of an arena. As a Penguins fan, at least in this area toward the Isles and their fans I have nothing but empathy. In every other way they can go F themselves :laugh: But I am glad their arena problems will be coming to an end.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
does the car get its own luxury box? Or will it be in the stands with the rest of the crowd?

There's going to be a pic on twitter very soon with the honda in a corner. Someone with da fotoshop skillz will do it.

Thats fantastic news. Now get the shovels in the dirt and get to work before something bad happens and the project gets nixed before work starts.

"YOU MOVED THE HEADSTONES...BUT YOU DIDN'T MOVE THE BODIES!!!!"

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Looks like a nice stadium project, at least architecture wise.

It's located right next to a park, close to highway access and it even seems to have it's own rail/metro station. Plus, the architecture and landscape design seems to integrate well with the bordering surroundings, referring to the brick house architecture of a former industrial and working class neighbourhood (no idea if this was ever true or if it's just a nice looking fake).

Aside from this there seem to be the usual concerns that projects of this dimension usually have. As an outsider, while it's not perfect, it could also be a lot worse. At least there will be created many jobs and a lot of annual public revenue as well and not just privatized profit.

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Not siren if official but this seems to be the placement for everything. Surprised the hotel looks so small.

Islanders-overview.jpg
It's actually a good size area. The size of the race track and the land in general make it look small. Hotels don't need large footprints. It's not a resort, so all they need is the space for the building.

Reactions: SI90

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
Latest renderings.

D-_K8V6W4AAo788

D7Inj6MWwAI_tvD

uxdnlnl.jpg

Edit : Didn't see some of them were already posted.
This last rendering can't be right. This has a massive retail village covering the entire parking lot. The retail village is supposed to be way smaller and cover the area where the hotel is in this picture and that surrounding area. The hotel is/was supposed to be between the grandstand of the racetrack and the current train station. Has that changed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad