Eklund Rumor: Isles and Yotes major swap of prospects?

scott99

May 13, 2005
I don't think the Isles should give up on Dal Colle, but LW is a position of strength both on the current club and in the prospect pool. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellows and Beauvillier have passed him on the depth chart, and Koivula's also off to a hot start with 4 goals in 7 games in Liiga.

So, while I wouldn't go out of my way to dump him, it would make sense to have conversations to see if anyone was willing to offer something that could help the club more. Though, I can't really see a fit in terms of trade with Arizona.

Koivula really is a pleasant surprise. Bellows, I just have a feeling about him, I said it prior to the draft, I don't know if it's bloodlines or what, but I can just see him being a consistent 30+ goal NHL player. I actually screamed out in joy when the Isles drafted him. I think he's gonna wind up being a steal.

MDC was a junior sniper, there's no doubt about that. Whether he can translate that to an NHL sniper, that's tough to predict. I'd hate to give up on him just yet though, unless we are getting someone like Perlini or Crouse in return.

If the rumor were true, I would do Strome for Dvorak, or Strome+ for Domi or Duclair.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
Ryan Strome, De Haan, Greiss, Mayfield for Duclair & Stone

Greiss takes over #1. Strome brothers reunite. De Haan in top 4. Mayfield in minors til next yr.

Duclair is RW NYI looking for. Stone in 4-6 dman role and involved to make $$ work

:)

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Wait a minute.... didn't the nuks dumpster dive the Islanders prospect pool (Pedan) who instantly became an actual option for them on defense for the future? The guy couldn't even crack our AHL roster and was barely a top 15 prospect here.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Pedan was just waived, so I can't say I agree with you on that one

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Koivula really is a pleasant surprise. Bellows, I just have a feeling about him, I said it prior to the draft, I don't know if it's bloodlines or what, but I can just see him being a consistent 30+ goal NHL player. I actually screamed out in joy when the Isles drafted him. I think he's gonna wind up being a steal.

MDC was a junior sniper, there's no doubt about that. Whether he can translate that to an NHL sniper, that's tough to predict. I'd hate to give up on him just yet though, unless we are getting someone like Perlini or Crouse in return.

If the rumor were true, I would do Strome for Dvorak, or Strome+ for Domi or Duclair.

Ryan Strome, De Haan, Greiss, Mayfield for Duclair & Stone

Greiss takes over #1. Strome brothers reunite. De Haan in top 4. Mayfield in minors til next yr.

Duclair is RW NYI looking for. Stone in 4-6 dman role and involved to make $$ work

:)

Dvorak, Domi and Duclair are not going anywhere. I don't see a deal with the Islanders.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Dvorak, Domi and Duclair are not going anywhere. I don't see a deal with the Islanders.

Never say never. Gretzky got traded, and Dvorak, Domi and Duclaur ain't no Gretzky. If the Isles send Strome and a top prospect (Dal Colle or Beauvillier) I could see a Domi or Duclair going back. All conjecture, but it could happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad