Eklund Rumor: Isles and Yotes major swap of prospects?

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
In that same time frame chiarelli

Built a contender
Won a cup
Almost won another

And is now starting another rebuild. One playoff round win in 10 years should be unacceptable. Low standards in NY I guess. Maybe the new owners aren't as crazy as wang and will look at the books and see that they are still paying rick Dipietro 1.5 million till 2029. The guy who signed the worst contract of all time didn't all of a sudden become a genius.

What the hell is this?

Is an Oilers fan seriously coming into this thread and gloating? Am I in a bizarro-world? I have to be, right?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

Built a contender
Won a cup
Almost won another

And is now starting another rebuild. One playoff round win in 10 years should be unacceptable. Low standards in NY I guess. Maybe the new owners aren't as crazy as wang and will look at the books and see that they are still paying rick Dipietro 1.5 million till 2029. The guy who signed the worst contract of all time didn't all of a sudden become a genius.

Your arguments are like

werw08ajz06wzg57tdmb.gif

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

Built a contender
Won a cup
Almost won another

Thank you for Barzal and Beauville

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
What the hell is this?

Is an Oilers fan seriously coming into this thread and gloating? Am I in a bizarro-world? I have to be, right?
I actually was defending a Canucks fan ironically when an Isles fan made a joke about benning.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
I actually was defending a Canucks fan ironically when an Isles fan made a joke about benning.

I don't think people realize what Benning has turned the Canucks into... 64 points by EA Sports...like Henrik Sedin said 'that's impossible'.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Haha. No. MDC+Barzal+JHS for Strome? Still probably no. We already have a bunch of prospect depth. We've only got the one true blue chip prospect in Strome. He's unique in the organization. Those three Isles prospects would be just more in the mix with kids like Keller, Dvorak, Crouse, etc. Strome is a clear cut ahead.

Strome is not a clear cut ahead of Dvo or keller. In fact, it seems clear Dvo is ahead of strome. Selling others short to prop up another isn't necessary.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Thank you for sticking up for the brave Canucks fan who came into an Islanders/Coyotes thread to share his completely valid opinion that the Canucks have way better prospects and a GM than the Islanders.

You saw his bravery and courage and thought "I need to do the right thing and stand up for the little guy here! Time to tell those Islander fans how much their team sucks!" Please, allow me to dedicate this song to you.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Strome is not a clear cut ahead of Dvo or keller. In fact, it seems clear Dvo is ahead of strome. Selling others short to prop up another isn't necessary.

How do you feel Dvo is ahead of Strome? Strome had nearly identical offensive output in terms of ppg this past season while being a year younger and having notably less talented linemates.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Thank you for sticking up for the brave Canucks fan who came into an Islanders/Coyotes thread to share his completely valid opinion that the Canucks have way better prospects and a GM than the Islanders.

You saw his bravery and courage and thought "I need to do the right thing and stand up for the little guy here! Time to tell those Islander fans how much their team sucks!" Please, allow me to dedicate this song to you.

Come on, man. Let it go. We'll never have as many Cups as the Canucks, and the Oilers are the best team in the NHL right now because they have Griffin Reinhart and Peter Chiarelli won a Cup in Boston.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Come on, man. Let it go. We'll never have as many Cups as the Canucks, and the Oilers are the best team in the NHL right now because they have Griffin Reinhart and Peter Chiarelli won a Cup in Boston.

80-83 and no cups after that. Don't think you can brag about **** 30 years in the past. 5 years in a row of not qualifying for the playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Islanders_seasons Just take a gander at this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_seasons Then look at that.

I'd even say the West is a more difficult division.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
80-83 and no cups after that. Don't think you can brag about **** 30 years in the past. 5 years in a row of not qualifying for the playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_York_Islanders_seasons Just take a gander at this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vancouver_Canucks_seasons Then look at that.

Meanwhile the Canucks have NEVER won a Cup... EVER.

You got called out for a stupid post and just continue to dig yourself into a deeper hole. Then your Edmontonian friend comes in here and does the same. You're both embarrassing yourselves. Give it up already. Gosh.

Yotes and Isles fans were actually having a civil discussion, thanks to you two for ruining that.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

You got called out for a stupid post and just continue to dig yourself into a deeper hole. Then your Edmontonian friend comes in here and does the same. You're both embarrassing yourselves. Give it up already. Gosh.

Yotes and Isles fans were actually having a civil discussion, thanks to you two for ruining that.

Forget it, PW. This is the Canucks' and Oilers' world, and we're just living in it.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009

Well, we've come a lot closer then the Islanders recently having been in 2 Stanley Cup Finals in the past 23 years.

All Eklund threads should be locked and deleted before a post is even made. He's not a credible source and never has been.

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
I don't think people realize believe what Benning has turned the Canucks into...

Fixed that for you. I agree. I can't believe what he did to that team either.

Original. At least the oilers addressed their problems upstairs instead of sitting and praying Garth Snow somehow makes the jump from biggest joke in the league to competent let alone good one day. Maybe give him another decade.

I know, right? All those cups the Oilers won, it's easy to sit there and gloat. The Hall Cup, the Nugent Hopkins Cup, the Yakupov Cup, The McDavid Cup... Maybe one day there will be a prospect named Stanley, so your team can at least PRETEND to play for a cup that matters.

Last edited:

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

Built a contender
Won a cup
Almost won another

You've just lost all credibility with this post. Besides ignore everything I said, you also don't realize that Wang signed that contract with DP, not Snow. Do you're research before making ridiculous statements.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

Built a contender
Won a cup
Almost won another

Yet a genius all of the sudden traded 16 + 33 for Reinhart :sarcasm:

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight

The links you just provided showed that the Isles have a better all-time record than the Canucks. Not sure what your point was, unless you're just pointing out the last decade, in which case congrats on peaking without winning a single Cup, now enjoy the long and painful rebuild you guys are headed for.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Well, we've come a lot closer then the Islanders recently having been in 2 Stanley Cup Finals in the past 23 years.

All Eklund threads should be locked and deleted before a post is even made. He's not a credible source and never has been.

Well, if coming close to a Stanley Cup and never winning one is acceptable for a franchise you guys are effin dynasties. (see how that works?)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Mother of god. I can't think of any moment in my life that is equally as disastrous to one's self confidence as the moment in that gif. How does anyone recover from that?

That's actually a young Kristaps Porzingis who is now a rising star for the Knicks. This gif proves that Benning can win a cup no matter how disastrous a GM he has been. Go Canucks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad