Eklund Rumor: Isles and Yotes major swap of prospects?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not that I see anything coming out of this but I could see the Islanders trading Mayfield instead of risking losing him on waivers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im sure NYI fans will rip me apart, but what about Ryan Strome to Yotes?

as of now Yotes center's are Hanzal Strome Dvorak Richardson I believe.... acquire Strome, let Dvorak play a season in AHL, start shopping Hanzal around or keep him for the year and trade at deadline potentially and then long term plan have Strome, Strome, Dvorak as top 9 C's.

Also there is a lot of talk that Barzal and/or Beaulivier could stick... maybe they are forcing NYI to make some deals now so they can keep them

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Scott Mayfield wouldn't be major anything. Hard to see what the Islanders and Yotes could have to talk about.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005

I don't see what the point is. It's not like NYI would acquire anything of value with Strome. And the coyotes need to move salary cap (not salary) off the books, right? NYI aren't looking to take any on. I don't see a deal.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Other than to avoid having to put someone on waivers like Mayfield, Quine, Prince, or Berube... I agree that there is nothing to talk about.

Mayfield is worth very little. Quine less. Prince little. Only Berube would have any value because he'd certainly be claimed by someone.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com

as of now Yotes center's are Hanzal Strome Dvorak Richardson I believe.... acquire Strome, let Dvorak play a season in AHL, start shopping Hanzal around or keep him for the year and trade at deadline potentially and then long term plan have Strome, Strome, Dvorak as top 9 C's.

Also there is a lot of talk that Barzal and/or Beaulivier could stick... maybe they are forcing NYI to make some deals now so they can keep them

I'm okay with moving Strome (semi-reluctantly), especially to Arizona to be with Dylan, but it has to really make sense. Strome can still turn it around and it'd be a shame to lose him, but we'd have to be getting a legtimate top-6 NHL RW, which Arizona doesn't seem to have.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hypothetical trade here but one thing the Islanders forward prospects lack is size/toughness so something like Crouse or Perlini for Dal Colle

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Not ripping you apart, but if Barzal or Beauviller stick, it will be at the expense of a Quine or Prince.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hypothetical trade here but one thing the Islanders forward prospects lack is size/toughness so something like Crouse or Perlini for Dal Colle

I wouldn't mind doing that. Dal Colle has not impressed me. Trade him before he loses more value.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Guessing Perlini for somebody like Dal Colle. Although he did work with the coaches/organization all summer, still didn't look great in preseason. Not unusual but he has now entered tradeable territory.

Ho-Sang fills a Coyotes need but I'm guessing the Islanders are still pretty high on him?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

I was very high on MDC, even as a Ranger fan. Loved the kid's skill set, his attitude and his story.

However, he hasn't been impressive and I wouldn't move Crouse (who I'm not even that high on) and definitely not Perlini for him at this point.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Agreed that the Perlini for Dal Colle idea could make sense. Both guys have underperformed since the same draft, both could use a change of scenery.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
How attached are you to Verhaeghe? Perlini's center from junior.

Verhaeghe is probably very easy to obtain if you really want him.

Agreed that the Perlini for Dal Colle idea could make sense. Both guys have underperformed since the same draft, both could use a change of scenery.

This makes very little sense for the Isles. While the fans keep crying and moaning about him, he just turned pro and I'm pretty sure the Isles organization is going to want to see him play for a while in the AHL before making any decision on his future.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

The change of scenery argument makes no sense for a few reasons.

1.MDC had a very strong 2nd half of the 2015-2016 season, after being traded.
2. He is by all reports having a good training camp, although he looks like he will need some AHL development time.
3. He plays his 1st pro season THIS season.

That whole change of scenery argument would make a lot more sense, if he had not had a strong bounce back in the 2nd half, if he were stinking up training camp and if he had played a pro season and struggled.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I find it amusing how so many Isles fans have turned against Dal Colle already. It's yet another case of...

i-want-it-now-veruca-salt-gif.gif

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hanzal would be a good fit on NYI, but surely not for Strome.

I like Perlini, but don't see a fit.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Isles and Yotes talking?

I am looking into another rumor regarding the Islanders and Arizona Coyotes. It would be a major swap of young prospects. Right now it's "off the record" but I am planning on talking to a key source this afternoon. More on this later or possibly in the podcast.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...esIsles-Deal-NYICARCLB-Previews-Buzz1/1/79673

I clicked. Should have known better. Off to the blackboard to write "I will not click..." 100 times.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'd hate it if the isles gave up on Dal Colle this early. He hasn't been bad. Barzal Ho-Sang and Beauvillier have just been so damn good.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I'd hate it if the isles gave up on Dal Colle this early. He hasn't been bad. Barzal Ho-Sang and Beauvillier have just been so damn good.

I don't think the Isles should give up on Dal Colle, but LW is a position of strength both on the current club and in the prospect pool. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellows and Beauvillier have passed him on the depth chart, and Koivula's also off to a hot start with 4 goals in 7 games in Liiga.

So, while I wouldn't go out of my way to dump him, it would make sense to have conversations to see if anyone was willing to offer something that could help the club more. Though, I can't really see a fit in terms of trade with Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad