Post-Game Talk: Isles 5, Pens 4 (SO)

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I'm chalking this one up to the awful play of Fleury, Bort, and Scuderi. Those guys pretty much sabotaged any chances of scoring.

You simply cannot give up a fluttering, unobstructed wrister from a 4th liner. Fleury did that.

camper*

I'm chalking this one up to the awful play of Fleury, Bort, and Scuderi. Those guys pretty much sabotaged any chances of scoring.

You simply cannot give up a fluttering, unobstructed wrister from a 4th liner. Fleury did that.

Looked like a well placed shot that froze Fleury, shooting well skating?....I think Mario might also think otherwise, ask him why he tried to obtain him:nod:

camper*

I liked that he went after Martin. but agree with you

Not sure he wanted to go after Marts, more like he had to with Marts hitting the Cros...He did a nice job holding on ..the headbutt was lame tho:laugh:...another visor scrapper?

Last edited by a moderator:

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Looked like a well placed shot that froze Fleury, shooting well skating?....I think Mario might also think otherwise, ask him why he tried to obtain him:nod:

Soft goal

DeadlyPossibleAmericanwarmblood.gif

Michael8771*

Yes MAF did, you can't argue that. He needed to be better there.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Yes MAF did, you can't argue that. He needed to be better there.
Just wait until the playoffs.. thats when its really going to start getting interesting. Locking this guy up long-term could be a move that will doom this franchise.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Not seeing this "fluttering" soft wrist shot. Didn't see it yesterday, either. That was a perfectly placed bullet. Martin might need 100 tries to make that shot a second time, but he did make it a first time.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Yeah, that's getting close to as hard as you can shoot a wrist shot. I don't think MAF was expecting that from Martin.

But overall, slightly weak goal to allow from that range.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Fleury would like to have that goal back, any goalie that gets beat one on one from there would. But Fleury is hardly the only goalie to get beat like that every once in awhile, and it won't be the last time he will. Sometimes the shooter will just beat the goalie, and Martin beat him, it was a nice shot, one that we would have liked him to save, but not one where you should be flabbergasted on how it turned into a goal. Our players have scored similar goals so many times, but when they do, it's alway been "great shot Crosby, Kunitz, or in the past, Neal! opposed to "what a weak goal by the goalie". Fleury wasn't even close to being an issue last night. He may not have stolen the game, but he wasn't the issue.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Not seeing this "fluttering" soft wrist shot. Didn't see it yesterday, either. That was a perfectly placed bullet. Martin might need 100 tries to make that shot a second time, but he did make it a first time.

Maybe Cassius doesn't realize the 2nd angle is in slow motion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad