Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
:laugh: I asked a friend of mine for his tickets tomorrow, actually an ex isles and he said I wasnt allowed to go because I would land in jail. hahaha. he said gonna be a lot of fights in the stand tomorrow. :laugh:

I really just want tomorrow's game to start with Torts and Cappy in an epic bout at center ice. Maybe coaching staff vs coaching staff? I would not want to fight Thompson.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
I'll be there tomorrow night. Having a few margaritas beforehand. Mentally preparing myself for best or worse case scenario. Hope they step up security though especially since there will be people with their children there

There should not be any children at this game. On the parents...they know how games go. I would never bring my children to an isles rags game until they are at least 12

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I wish I could be there in person. I've got my whole day planned around the game, It'll be on at 4:00pm out here on the west coast. I've already asked the wife to get the alcohol and the junk food ready.

I'm not too concerned about Rick Nashole, since the Okposo, Bailey, Nielsen line will probably be out against them.

I want the Isles to send a message tomorrow and destroy the Rangers and I hope Islander fans turn out in force. I'm disgusted everytime I hear Ranger fans cheering in our building.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
I was at the st.patricks day game of '89. Anyone remember that game? That was the game that changed the rule about selling beer in the 3rd period. Security was carried off on a stretcher in front of my eyes. That was a scary isles-rags game. This may be worse. Make us proud isle fans. Take the place over and return NY hockey back to long island so we can once again hold our heads up high and tell rag fans .to suck our balls.

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
i cant even remember an islanders regular season game that i have been more amped up for. if i had the extra disposable income, i would be there.

any other fans around eastern suffolk. i need to find some. all my friends are flyers fans. :-/

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I will be furious if Martinek is in for Carkner tomorrow. I can see Capuano doing it to tone the team down and it would be a BIG mistake. You need to protect your team tomorrow.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
I was at the st.patricks day game of '89. Anyone remember that game? That was the game that changed the rule about selling beer in the 3rd period. Security was carried off on a stretcher in front of my eyes. That was a scary isles-rags game. This may be worse. Make us proud isle fans. Take the place over and return NY hockey back to long island so we can once again hold our heads up high and tell rag fans .to suck our balls.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Rangers suck, should be an easy win. Just gotta hope Lundqvist doesn't steal it for them like he did last game against us and at the same time they have to hope JT doesn't take a dookie on them.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
It's time for Tavares to shine. Enough of his tired unmotivated ******** and weak turnovers. He has to step up.

He does and I think he will.

He really does show up against the Rags and is due. I re-watched the Bruins game and he did have some good shifts as well as a few against the Flyers so I think he's due.

Trizz

May 9, 2012
Two rivals playing well, fighting for a playoff spots, two passionate fan bases. I wouldn't be surprised to see a fight or two on the ice, though there will be probably more fights in the stands/bathrooms/concourse area and somewhere outside the arena. :laugh: :sarcasm: LETS GO ISLES!

ooh i want to be there :D
really nervous atm

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I will be furious if Martinek is in for Carkner tomorrow. I can see Capuano doing it to tone the team down and it would be a BIG mistake. You need to protect your team tomorrow.
Carkner handles the puck like it's a granade. I like his toughness in front of the net but he has hands of stone. Martinek, on the other hand, has pretty good puck skills but the only time he hits anyone is by accident. Hopefully we get Strait back soon.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Carkner handles the puck like it's a granade. I like his toughness in front of the net but he has hands of stone. Martinek, on the other hand, has pretty good puck skills but the only time he hits anyone is by accident. Hopefully we get Strait back soon.

Carkner is also extremely slow and is never the first one to get the puck in the corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad