Pre-Game Talk: Islanders vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I think its gonna be a playoff atmosphere, i see this as another 3-2 or 2-1 game....really would love the islanders to put a serious a$$ whopping on them like 6-1 and its possible just not likely, they are playing pretty well also.

Prediction: 3-2 isles win in OT

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I think it will be a very good game. I hope we can win this one. I just have a Bad feeling about this game. I guess we will see.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
Could be looking at another one goal game or a two goal game with an empty netter. I really would love for nothing more than to see them win in a rout and keep the Rag$ down in the 8th spot with a bunch of teams near them while the Isles get some breathing room.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
So a friend of mine got tickets from Ticket master last night.
Lucky them

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
This is going to be one of the craziest games in the stands ever! I will have no voice left going into Monday!

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
The gameplan should be fairly simple...the forecheck is a strength for our team and when nash is on the ice i think i would have neilson shadow him all over the ice...if he doesnt score the rags dont win.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
The Rags have been playing real well lately but so have the Isles. Should be a reall good match up. There will be a lot of energy in the old barn Saturday night.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I'm actually kind of glad I'm not going to this one. I'm very loud and obnoxious in my own living room. I don't know what would happen if I were there around some Rags fans :laugh:

I really really want this game, but let's all remember this is not the playoffs nor is it game 7 of the finals. Win or lose, we're still in 7th place. I really hope the boys don't peak at this game. We need to save it for the playoffs.

VT Isles Fan

Mar 24, 2010
Vermont
I'm actually kind of glad I'm not going to this one. I'm very loud and obnoxious in my own living room. I don't know what would happen if I were there around some Rags fans :laugh:

I was trying to get tickets to come down for the game Saturday. My better half even offered to pay top dollar if necessary, just to see me beat down the first Ranger fan that called Tavares a *****

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

Me too.. After the last one I'm burnt out from these games.

Staple:

#Isles off today -- Capuano trying to tamp down chatter for Saturday, keep team fresh and away from us hype-mongers.

The boys know how big this is go out relax come tomorrow fully rested and kick some tail!

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
I'm going and I literally cannot wait, my girl has never been to a game like this and she's a huge isles fan now so I'm pumped for her.

Isles win 4-1 and we get to see all the ranger fans walk out of the 300's *****ing about the game!

WE WANT PLAYOFFS

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I don't even know what to predict in this game. We do need to limit the Rangers scoring chances, they are an opportunistic team on offense as in they don't get too many chances but when they do, they take them. We need to forecheck those ****ers so hard that they are trapped in their own zone, collapsing desperately around the Queen. And if they want to collapse? Just keep shooting at them.

No mercy

TheZec

Mar 19, 2010
I've got the feeling that this will not be a close game... don't know why. Just hope it is the Isles the team with the 2 pts at the end!

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Best way to start this game is for Capuano and Tortorella to fight.

Set the tone. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad