Staples Twitter: Islanders trade Peter Regin and Pierre Marc-Bouchard to Chi for a 2014 4th round pick

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Not hard to grasp. Fans have been calling these two guys out all season. Now they are mocking Snow for trading them. Furthermore mocking we retained 50% of their salary.

Fans want their cake and eat it too. Snow somehow managed to get a pick for these guys. Why feel the need to make the situation worse by mockig the move?

To some fans this is the islanders waving the white flag.
So not true.

This is fans giving Garth the giant "I told you so" finger for making those two useless idgets our only acquisitions in the summer, and thereby cementing our dive to the bottom of the NHL again. He deserves it boss. Let people vent. Hopefully tomorrow the return from Vanek and AMess (lol) will help make next season look brighter.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
So not true.

This is fans giving Garth the giant "I told you so" finger for making those two useless idgets our only acquisitions in the summer, and thereby cementing our dive to the bottom of the NHL again. He deserves it boss. Let people vent. Hopefully tomorrow the return from Vanek and AMess (lol) will help make next season look brighter.

It's the old "forest through the trees" syndrome. Some get it, some don't.

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
What the heck is in it for Chicago? Why the heck would they want Regin and Bouchard, much less give up anything for them?

CDirt

Mar 20, 2008
z9.invisionfree.com
What the heck is in it for Chicago? Why the heck would they want Regin and Bouchard, much less give up anything for them?

Insurance for the playoffs. The fourth rounder may as well be a fith rounder if you take away two expansion teams. Nothing to really write home about.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I think Regin will do ok.

Having Hossa and Sharp on either side should help. It's a bit of an upgrade over Grabner and Clutterbuck lol

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
LA is still playing in the 1st period.... any chance a Vanek trade is announced after that game is over? Anyone of note scratched in that game?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
LA is still playing in the 1st period.... any chance a Vanek trade is announced after that game is over? Anyone of note scratched in that game?

I will go look, also down 1-0 1/2 way through the 2nd. The less they score the better off we are.

Edit Fraser is scratched...No help too us.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I think Regin will do ok.

Having Hossa and Sharp on either side should help. It's a bit of an upgrade over Grabner and Clutterbuck lol

Exactly. Regin will be fine, honestly. Is he great? Of course not. But people must have amnesia if they can't piece together that players look like crap on bad teams and then good on good teams... and vice versa. Go through your brain and tell me in the last decade what players were the BEST they've been on the island, compared to their time with other NHL teams? Now do the reverse list. There's something Chicago has over us... it's called a winning team with coaching, management, and a system -- that works. You know, a team that changes things and adjusts based on how they are doing. I'm going to bet Regin isn't out there to ice the puck with a minute left against the Blues, lol. Because you know... accountability and all those other fun words that make teams win. This team needs coaching so badly it's insane. I mean, we just continue to throw out the same crap without adjusting and hope something happens and then blame it on bounces. 0 for 30 on the PP and we haven't changed a thing. A microcosm for our entire season. Not even a different approach.

I don't expect CRAP from Regin in Chicago -- but that's the difference, they aren't expecting crap either. That's why they gave up (half) a 4th round pick -- and potentially the LAST fourth round pick lol. We were hoping he would score and bring veteran stability (I laughed typing this). They have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Saad, Hjarlmsson, etc. He might just be insurance if someone gets hurt. We needed him to be something at all times all year. I've been reading the Hawks board all year and they've been hating on Zus all year. Any way they get to rely on him less and other rotating players the better. The role he will need to play is nowhere near the role he was supposed to play here. It's going to be the same with Amac. THAT'S why we are a laughing stock. Because once AMac does anything right anywhere, they can pile it on the list of terrible moves this team has made. But hint hint: the moves aren't terrible, the TEAM is terrible. If you take the same players and same moves but give them a different crest in a different arena with a different history with real coaching and real management, its not as egregious as it seems piled up against this piece of **** team.

I'm excited to see Lee and Strome if that's what this means. But hopefully just to get their feet [more] wet. If we plan on going into next year younger and less experienced than this year... with the same crap coaching, I'm not even going to re-up my Center Ice. It doesn't matter if we have Toffoli, Ekblad, Lindholm, McDavid... whatever. If Toffoli comes here with this same ****, people are going to be wondering 'what happened to Toffoli?'. Oh yea, I know what happened. Someone puked blue and orange onto him and he stopped 'getting bounces'.

As for Bouchard... no idea what they want with him. Why not just claim him when we sent him down if they really wanted the actual player? My guess is it's something more, but who knows.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
As for Bouchard... no idea what they want with him. Why not just claim him when we sent him down if they really wanted the actual player? My guess is it's something more, but who knows.

Couldn't afford him without NYI eating half his cap hit and maybe Chicago had to take him in order for them to eat half of Regin's cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad