Staples Twitter: Islanders trade Peter Regin and Pierre Marc-Bouchard to Chi for a 2014 4th round pick

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
We needed to just to maintain our cap ceiling.:sarcasm:

lol.

But you never know. If they move a few more bodies for picks by the deadline we could easily threaten to go below the floor.

I really really really really want to see or hear the NHL lambast Wang for taking a revenue sharing check and promptly starving our club of help they desperately needed. It is time for the NHL, to go full NFL, and force Chuck to hire real staff and run a real club.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Most teams dump salary, not the the isles, they keep it, not to help trade value, but to stay above cap floor

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
my sources tell me Chicago is retaining salary on the 4th round pick. (e4)

:laugh::handclap:

The fact TWO of our "blockbuster offseason acquisitions" are put together and worth a 4th round pick, I can't even begin to describe. :help:

Anders Lee, come on down!

Hopefully Vanek and MacDonald are moved tomorrow.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
All season people complain about these two. We move them and now people complain gibe me a break. Anything to **** and moan about its a joke. All doom and gloom.

We were somehow able to get a pick for two players that most teams wouldn't sign in the darkest hour.

Now strome (and most likely Lee) will get legit NHL looks while some how gaining a pick in all this.

As far as the salary retention, is this coming out of your pocket? Please don't tell me yes because you buy tickets and merch. I am currently wearing a hammer shirt and have a closet full of islander gear and am damn proud of it. Called being a fan! Which is being there through thick and thin!

Last edited by a moderator:

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
All season people complain about these two. We move them and now people complain gibe me a break. Anything to **** and moan about its a joke. All doom and gloom.

We were somehow able to get a pick for two players that most teams wouldn't sign in the darkest hour.

Now strome (and most likely Lee) will get legit NHL looks while some how gaining a pick in all this.

As far as the salary retention, is this coming out of your pocket? Please don't tell me yes because you buy tickets and merch. I am currently wearing a hammer shirt and have a closet full of islander gear and am damn proud of it. Called being a fan! Which is being there through thick and thin!

WTF are you talking about?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
gibson silfverberg and a 2nd for vanek n amac please.....then trade nabby for a 3rd if anyone will take it...

then at draft trade our 1st one of our 2nds and a 3rd for ekblad......

i can dream right? ;)

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

You are asking for someone to post "but it has been 8 years now, how long do we wait for"
In before it happens.:D

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013

People here are not complaining about the trade.

They are laughing at the top of their lungs, that this was our big free agent splash last year.:help:

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I gotta say, on the initial bluff i thought this was a joke. I cant believe anyone took them at any price. Bye bye guys. Definitely making room.

On the other hand, what could be more illustrative of a classically islander cluster**** where all our hopes and dreams in september turned into a fourth round pick by february. We can only hope by some miracle that garth got decent return for vanek.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

dude, no one is complaining about this trade....they are complaining that our 2 biggest acquisitions this summer did jack **** and now were dumped for pretty much nothing...

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
WTF are you talking about?

Not hard to grasp. Fans have been calling these two guys out all season. Now they are mocking Snow for trading them. Furthermore mocking we retained 50% of their salary.

Fans want their cake and eat it too. Snow somehow managed to get a pick for these guys. Why feel the need to make the situation worse by mockig the move?

To some fans this is the islanders waving the white flag.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Sad to say, but isles would have been better off bringing back Brad Boyes

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Not hard to grasp. Fans have been calling these two guys out all season. Now they are mocking Snow for trading them. Furthermore mocking we retained 50% of their salary.

Fans want their cake and eat it too. Snow somehow managed to get a pick for these guys. Why feel the need to make the situation worse by mockig the move?

To some fans this is the islanders waving the white flag.

Dude, people were complaining when we signed them because they were not good players, and they were our golden UFA pick ups last off season.
People are now complaining because what was obvious in Sept, that these two were not the keys stones in making sure we reach the playoffs again, is now easily shown as they both only bring a 4th round pick! No one is actually complaining we traded them, its more of a feeling of rage when the two "big" UFAs from last off season were now scraps worthy of a 4th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad