Newsday: Islanders to play all playoff games at NVMC, and all home games in 2020-21 season

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I know....I just thought it was dumbest thing I've seen. I first heard about it from my son who really wanted to get some. Of all the collector's items to get....

I had a family member who wanted it too and I just said, "with everything Charles Wang has done, you really trust he isn't putting tap water into that vial?" That ended their desire to get some pretty quickly.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Quick question... I'm going to be at Barclays but won't get to the coliseum... Is my best chance of getting a Pageau Jersey at the nhl store in manhatten? Are they even selling merchandise at the Barclays now it's a lame duck?

Pretty sure the store at BC is only opened with Isles gear during game days. I've been there off nights and it's either Nets stuff or nothing, don't waste your time.

Someone else mentioned order online, that's prob the easiest and safest way to go. NHL store in the city is actually pretty good, but not sure if they've put out JGP jersey's yet. If you're close maybe worth taking a look but I usually tend to try stay away from area of the city.

Reactions: carparkno1

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Pretty sure the store at BC is only opened with Isles gear during game days. I've been there off nights and it's either Nets stuff or nothing, don't waste your time.

Someone else mentioned order online, that's prob the easiest and safest way to go. NHL store in the city is actually pretty good, but not sure if they've put out JGP jersey's yet. If you're close maybe worth taking a look but I usually tend to try stay away from area of the city.
And the NHL store carries jerseys of all teams - the Islanders just being one of many. So I'd be surprised if they had anything beyond Barzal or Lee. Its possible Pageau would make an appearance because he's new, but I would give them a call to see. Odds are they don't have it.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Quick question... I'm going to be at Barclays but won't get to the coliseum... Is my best chance of getting a Pageau Jersey at the nhl store in manhatten? Are they even selling merchandise at the Barclays now it's a lame duck?
Go to the source. Call the team store at the practice rink. Northwell Health at Eisenhower Park. Those guys in there are pretty good to work with. See if they can ship to you. They customize in the store (Same Day if they’re not swamped) with heat press on numbers/letters, or they send it out to the team’s embroiderer. I bought one there last month and the turnaround time to have it embroidered at Stitches in Whitestone is about 3-4 weeks right now.

Reactions: carparkno1

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Go to the source. Call the team store at the practice rink. Northwell Health at Eisenhower Park. Those guys in there are pretty good to work with. See if they can ship to you. They customize in the store (Same Day if they’re not swamped) with heat press on numbers/letters, or they send it out to the team’s embroiderer. I bought one there last month and the turnaround time to have it embroidered at Stitches in Whitestone is about 3-4 weeks right now.

the team store at the practice rink is pretty legit. Seems they are always working on custom jerseys when I’m there

Reactions: MJF

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wait, wait? So nooooow all of a sudden NBC has the stuff they need to telecasts games at the Coliseum during the playoffs? Hmmm, weird
Wasn’t that the “reason” we only played round one there last year?

Yes. I do wonder if they made any improvements in that area to make this a possibility. Also possible that it was a complete lie.

Reactions: doublechili

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Yes. I do wonder if they made any improvements in that area to make this a possibility. Also possible that it was a complete lie.
I mentioned earlier - I wonder what Bettman's spin is going to be now. He could have just fallen back on "scheduling issues" last year but instead he went into great detail how the Coliseum is not a major league arena and we can't have big playoff games there. Now he's going to say something along the lines of "The Coliseum is the heart and soul of the NY Islanders and we can't be more thrilled to have them back there full time in the playoffs and next year until their new home is ready. This is huge for everyone!"

What a dope.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

You can have the jersey made at the team store at Barclays; that is if they don't already have them made up.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
brooklyn-nets-ceo-brett-yormark-new-york-islanders-general-manager-picture-id154674444

The Coronavirus, with 10,000x magnification.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad