Newsday: Islanders to play all playoff games at NVMC, and all home games in 2020-21 season

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Kind of makes last year's split of playoff games seem all the more disingenuous. Somehow now - when we see what a better atmosphere it is - the Coliseum becomes able to host a second round series. I wonder what Bettman's spin is gonna be.

I understand completely the logic behind moving all games to the Coliseum, but I did enjoy the 10-12 games at Barclays, from a personal convenience factor. Barclays seem to be able to hold up for about 10 games, but that's about it. But beyond coming from Manhattan, its just a nightmare to get to. From pretty much everywhere else.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I feel like I should be re-reimbursed for the money I spent on the last game at the Coliseum before the move to Brooklyn. So should all those people who bought the water (ice). Can't imagine I'll do all that again.

Really glad to hear the news though, happy for all of you season ticket holders. One arena is the way it should be and the playoffs at the Coliseum is awesome (if we get there).

Last edited:

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Quick question... I'm going to be at Barclays but won't get to the coliseum... Is my best chance of getting a Pageau Jersey at the nhl store in manhatten? Are they even selling merchandise at the Barclays now it's a lame duck?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Quick question... I'm going to be at Barclays but won't get to the coliseum... Is my best chance of getting a Pageau Jersey at the nhl store in manhatten? Are they even selling merchandise at the Barclays now it's a lame duck?
Best bet is ordering online, I'd think.

Reactions: carparkno1

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
brooklyn-nets-ceo-brett-yormark-new-york-islanders-general-manager-picture-id154674444

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I feel like I should be re-reimbursed for the money I spent on the last game at the Coliseum before the move to Brooklyn. So should all those people who bought the water (ice). Can't imagine I'll do all that again.

Really glad to hear the news though, happy for all of you season ticket holders. One arena is the way it should be and the playoffs at the Coliseum is awesome (if we get there).

The people who bought the water/ice deserve to be out any money they spent. If you're going to buy dirty water in a vial, you don't get a refund.

My wife still gives me shit for me going out to the Fare Thee Well shows in Chicago when she was 37 weeks pregnant. My rationale to her was "Its the last shows they'll ever play" and then lo and behold, Dead & Co. (And Phil and Friends) are constantly touring these days. She was actually hoping she'd go into labor when I was gone just so she could have that over me for the rest of her life. No dice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Big L

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Great. We get to do the “last game ever at the coliseum”. again.

Reactions: Lek

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I feel like I should be re-reimbursed for the money I spent on the last game at the Coliseum before the move to Brooklyn. So should all those people who bought the water (ice). Can't imagine I'll do all that trip again.

You have no idea.. I am on cloud 9 right now...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The people who bought the water/ice deserve to be out any money they spent. If you're going to buy dirty water in a vial, you don't get a refund.

My wife still gives me shit for me going out to the Fare Thee Well shows in Chicago when she was 37 weeks pregnant. My rationale to her was "Its the last shows they'll ever play" and then lo and behold, Dead & Co. (And Phil and Friends) are constantly touring these days. She was actually hoping she'd go into labor when I was gone just so she could have that over me for the rest of her life. No dice though.

I was joking about the water. :laugh:

My wife insisted that I go to the final game and we splurged to get my dad to come too. Am I bad son if I don't do that again? :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Lighthouse

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You have no idea how happy I am about this. Well maybe YOU do. :nod:

This is another WIN for the Islanders franchise.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I was joking about the water. :laugh:

My wife insisted that I go to the final game and we splurged to get my dad to come too. Am I bad son if I don't do that again? :sarcasm:
I know....I just thought it was dumbest thing I've seen. I first heard about it from my son who really wanted to get some. Of all the collector's items to get....

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad