Confirmed with Link: Islanders Sign Robin Lehner, G - 1 Year Deal

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I can see this guy getting a 3-4 year extension before the deadline if he keeps this up.
I think that would be a gamble. Similar move Snow made by re-signing Greiss. And if Lehner believes in himself he may be better off waiting until the Summer.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Right but they wouldn’t bring up Gibson either

Gotta think that the next two starts - minimum - are Greiss's.

There is a different meaning behind an emergency call up and an IR move, right? If Gibson is an emergency call up, it probably means that Lehner may not be out the full 7 days. If Lehner is IR'd, we at least know he's out until mid next week.

Earlier in the season, being IR'd meant missing one game. Now its about 4.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Gotta think that the next two starts - minimum - are Greiss's.

There is a different meaning behind an emergency call up and an IR move, right? If Gibson is an emergency call up, it probably means that Lehner may not be out the full 7 days. If Lehner is IR'd, we at least know he's out until mid next week.

Earlier in the season, being IR'd meant missing one game. Now its about 4.

Gross said he was called up on an emergency basis.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
NYI odds. The guy was taking a stranglehold of the starter position.

Don’t have much faith in Greiss against a loaded Pens.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Back on the ice. Thank god. Also looks like he’s sporting s new lid with some color in it. That’s different for him.

That's good to hear. Its not like LL is a treasure trove of info, but Trotz seems to give out more info than the previous regime did. He told us it wouldn't be long and lo and behold, its not.

Reactions: SI90

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I'm guessing Gibson was sent back down? And also Kunckles was sent down right? Are we short a person? Healthy scratches are Johnston and Sbisa? Or were Kunckles and Gibson switched?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad