Staples Twitter: Islanders Sign Devon Toews To 3 year ELC

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
2 more assists last night

2/6/8 in 14 games. Same production as Ho-Sang in one more game.

Really need to start to pay attention to him some more! :yo:

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
How is he at actually playing defense?

Remember that dman they had that went back into the draft? Put up points like a madman. Couldn't play Defense at all. Name escapes me at the moment.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Remember that dman they had that went back into the draft? Put up points like a madman. Couldn't play Defense at all. Name escapes me at the moment.

He was known for being a very solid two-way player in college, the offense is now rounding into form.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Toews was always matched up against opposing top lines at QU, and here is what Corey Pronman had to say.

He relies on positioning, stick work, and moving the puck out quickly.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
That's easy . . . after call up and before the first meeting . . .

SOP

:help:

meeting-1.jpg

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
2 more assists last night

2/6/8 in 14 games. Same production as Ho-Sang in one more game.

Really need to start to pay attention to him some more! :yo:

Spoke w/his former college coach 2 weeks ago. Said he expects Toews to have a long NHL career.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Bumping this: what do you think are the odds for Toews to make it to the NHL this season?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Bumping this: what do you think are the odds for Toews to make it to the NHL this season?

I would say he is #9 on the depth chart so if we get a couple injuries on defense he probably will get called up

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I would say he is #9 on the depth chart so if we get a couple injuries on defense he probably will get called up

9 dman played last year, Pulock with the one to make it. I don't see why it's not possible again so I think there's a decent chance.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Making the team out of camp? Roughly 5%. His waiver exemptness coupled with the fact that there are eight NHL D in front of him makes his changes slim. The 5% accounts for multiple injuries in camp/preseason.

Odds of suiting up in NHL games? 60-70% I'd say. Injuries happen, the team will slump, and they need to give this kid a look sooner or later. I don't like rushing guys, but at the same time they need to get their feet well and Toews is 23.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
How do you guys think he will fair in the big league if he makes it? From what I've read I'd guess that he can be a solid top-four defender down the line, maybe a bit like Jonas Brodin in Minnesota. Does he have any glaring weaknesses or obvious strengths to his game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad