GDT: Islanders @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Pride Night!

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Sheesh, the Isles live in OT. Gotta hope we can get this in regulation. Hopefully Sorokin gets a rest too.

Only looks like a few guys out there for the optional skate. Genuinely curious how many guys show on the contenders to these. Not mocking anything just curiosity.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Hope Granato's telling the team that when you're at 4% to make the playoffs and playing against someone else going for that spot - these games are your Stanley Cup Final. Better see playoff level effort tonight and this weekend against Detroit.
Exactly, this game will tell us alot about whether they’re in the mood to compete.

A Bo Byram hatty and Tage erupting into Killer Giraffe would be a sight for sore eyes.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
If we score first I think we will win, otherwise it will be an uphill climb (even more than usual). The Islanders play the perfect style of hockey to sit back and let us beat ourselves if they get the lead.

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Another massive game against a team we could catch.. Need to take these 2 points at home.. Things will start getting interesting

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
RJ would be yelling, 'Now do you believe?'

1710444803397.png

Do you?

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Except i feel like the isles do a good job of playing boring hockey that clogs the neutral zone and neuters our offense.

I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. 1point21Gigawatts. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could hockey go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. 1point21Gigawatts, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Tijuana Donkey Show

Mar 14, 2023
I expect a W because this team is not quite close enough to epically disappointing fans.

Sheesh. I felt this one. I happened to be in the city for work the same day as the final Devils v. Sabres game last year so I spent an extra day. We lost 6-2. I felt this post. Hard.

But also if you can make it to the Prudential Center do it. Granted it was April but outside before going in they had a live band, a half a dozen + food trucks, all sorts of bar/lawn games like giant jenga, corn hole, etc. The vibe inside was a total blast. It is LOUD and electric in their, but everybody was super friendly.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
these next two games are the most important in the last 13 years , the Sabres can redeem themselves big time ,

I can’t wait to see the Sabres play here against the Canucks on Tuesday in Vancouver

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
these next two games are the most important in the last 13 years , the Sabres can redeem themselves big time ,

I can’t wait to see the Sabres play here against the Canucks on Tuesday in Vancouver
I have to disagree there. Even just last year we needed a couple games against the Panthers and Islanders to get in and couldn’t do it.

We could win the next 3 in a row and will still probably miss.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I have to disagree there. Even just last year we needed a couple games against the Panthers and Islanders to get in and couldn’t do it.

We could win the next 3 in a row and will still probably miss.

In my opinion , every meaningful game we play until the playoff curse is broken especially these next two games to get within striking distance of the post season are the most important games .

It’s so hard to have hope as a Sabres fan. These last 13 years it seems so many of us have lost hope

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Plenty to be proud of.

Would love to exercise the demons of the Fasching travesty last year. If not for that ridiculous ruling, we'd all be furious right now that we're not returning to the playoffs for a second straight year. 😂
If hockey and/or Sabres fandom was more mainstream, "Faschinged" (to be eliminated from playoff contention from a clearly illegal goal-against) would become an acceptable verb in the same way "to be Borked" became a word after his Supreme Court nomination was rejected by the US Senate.
They are 0-1 in their last one. They are like in free fall.
Exactly. In the last game, they pulled the parachute cord but it didn't open. Now the acceleration to terminal velocity begins tonight against the Sabres.
Haha I member him.
I played street hockey with a Matt Martin in our factory's PLHL (parking lot hockey league). He was 10-15 years younger, but I was 20-30 pounds lighter. It was the only way I could keep up with him.
When the Sabres win their next 2 games, just a reminder that there's plenty of room on this bandwagon.
(and)
I must be sick in the head, because I’m actually looking forward to watching this and hoping for a regulation win.
Regarding that bandwagon, or any optimism any of us or anyone else shares, remember the greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing Sabres fans they might someday win the Cup...

keyser-s%C3%B6ze-the-usual-suspects.gif

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

Last year, if I’m not mistaken, I think we actually sat in a WC position for a night or two late in the season before something typical happened.

I think this is where the Sabres future Captain is born. Who will step up in both voice and play to will the team in. If they come out flat tonight and get blown out, it won’t speak well to the leadership in the room.

Last edited:

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Regarding that bandwagon, or any optimism any of us or anyone else shares, remember the greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing Sabres fans they might someday win the Cup...

keyser-s%C3%B6ze-the-usual-suspects.gif

Hope.

Hope is why we're here.

Even when I was cheering on the tank(s), it was out of a hope for a better future.

This is the best team this franchise has iced since before the drought began.

May hope today become belief tomorrow.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. 1point21Gigawatts. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could hockey go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. 1point21Gigawatts, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

I hate that I had an actual emotional response to this. I blame it on the fact that I just introduced my wife to the trilogy last month so it’s all fresh right now.

Anyway, I think he mixes it up tonight and Beau Bighrym plays an excellent defensive game tonight instead of putting up points.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
attending my first game this year. I'll be the drunk guy in a Marcus Foligno jersey....

Enjoy! Hopefully you get a win and get home safely!

Hope.

Hope is why we're here.

Even when I was cheering on the tank(s), it was out of a hope for a better future.

This is the best team this franchise has iced since before the drought began.

May hope today become belief tomorrow.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Extra inspiration today.

Despite living in Toronto for more than a quarter century, today was my first trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Stood beside the Stanley Cup. Found Hasek, Perrault, Hawerchuk and LaFontaine. Wearing my new LaFontaine jersey tonight.

The mistake made against the Isles when we got Fasching'd wasn't from the war room. The mistake was not burying those f***ers early and often. Hudson can kick 2 in tonight and it won't matter.

WE'RE GONNA SCORE 6!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad