Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 2/14/13 - "The Lincoln Tunnel"

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Posted this in the GDT. Can't complain about Richards on d. He traded places with del zotto who forgot he's a defenseman

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I thought Stepan was good tonight?

Oh forget it, I'm convinced I watch different games than the rest of these boards :shakehead

In that he won faceoffs? Sure.

His ability to release a shot without over thinking it and not having an Islander take the puck away from him? ..That didn't happen.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
The sky is falling, we've gotten 7 out of 8 points in the past 4 games, Islanders are still in last place, everyone calm their ****ing ****.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
JT Miller's ice time in the third? i would ask for OT but we all know it was 0. i dont understand how people expect rookies to prove themselves when they barely get to play late in the game. even richards got shifts in OT and well...we know how richards is doing.
miller has gotten ALOT of leeway these past few game definetly more than CK. Miller wasnt too good IMO again. Its ok he is only 19 let him develop more.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What happened to the team last year that played every game like it was their last?

Seems like this team dominates when they feel like it and just don't feel like it all that often.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just to provide the numbers if interested:
Career shootout save percentage:
Biron: 53%
Lundqvist: 76%

Actually surprised Biron's % is that high. Nothing against him, he's just been very bad in the shoot-out as long as I can remember.

I was thinking our only hope is if their guys try and deke too much and lose the puck/force themselves into a bad shot OR miss the net. Other than that, once Gabby missed I knew it wasn't gonna go our way in the shoot out

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
JT Miller's ice time in the third? i would ask for OT but we all know it was 0. i dont understand how people expect rookies to prove themselves when they barely get to play late in the game. even richards got shifts in OT and well...we know how richards is doing.

I said in the game thread that this isn't a good sign. Not in the sense that he will be sent down but more of the coach not trusting rookies.

That's not a way to develop players.

I know this won't sound popular, but I think the Rangers slightly played over their heads last year. They were a little ahead of schedule. imo.
At the time, I said I hope this organization/coach doesn't stop letting the kids play. Let them learn and allow them to make mistakes.

With that run last year, the Rangers became a "win now" team. It's showing with the lack of patience/trust from the coach.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
Some of you guys are nuts. Stepan was fine. Kreider would not have made a bit of difference and Boyle was probably one of our best players in the 3rd for God's sake.

Richards, Stralman and Tortorella were awful tonight in my view. I don't know why he sat Miller, why he nuked the lines, and why Stralman saw any ice at all after the first half of the game.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Oh, and for the second game in a row they decide to take 10 minutes off, only this time it killed them. Is it that hard to play a full 60 minutes??

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Agree on Richards, but Stepan? He looked good tonight, actually I thought it was one of his better games.

Shows how low the bar has been set for him this year.

Guy is beyond hesitant when the puck has been on his stick this year, unacceptable for a playmaker. Nothing he is doing is crisp out there, aside from 1-2 of his goals.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Lincoln_Tunnel.jpg

Championship*

Saying this team has a long way to go is the understatement of the century. They're just not good enough and thats a fact. I don't expect much from this team this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad