Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 2/14/13 - "The Lincoln Tunnel"

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Seriously. How can he not notice this? If I remember correctly, his first shift in the third, after riding the bench for half the period, he made one AGAIN and then didn't see ice until OT. How can an intelligent adult not understand that one particular thing they are doing is harmful and they need to stop doing it? It's almost unbelievable.

it IS unbelievable, and Richards isn't the only one guilty of it either

16 To Stanley*

Seriously. How can he not notice this? If I remember correctly, his first shift in the third, after riding the bench for half the period, he made one AGAIN and then didn't see ice until OT. How can an intelligent adult not understand that one particular thing they are doing is harmful and they need to stop doing it? It's almost unbelievable.

I agree. Honestly, if he cuts that one thing out of his game, it drastically would change his performance.

I've never seen so many drop passes from someone not work. Its absurd.

Vickers8

Torts the comedian:

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Torts, again looking at the positive: "We didn’t take a too many men on the ice penalty, so that’s good news."

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
So you think the Islanders are going to trade their captain to the Rangers?

They just might with the right offer waved in front of their noses . Do you think they would not take the best offer for him even if it was the Rangers ? He would be a rental...it would not affect the Isles next season as the Rangers can't afford him past this year anyways...thus they take a good offer and enjoy the rewards from it for years to come...that nectar would be sweeter for them then trading him anywhere else IMO .

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
I know we are all upset because the team lost in a SO but if Biron can get this team 1 point in all of his starts this year, I would sign up for that right now.

Nobody should be upset because they lost in the shootout. Everyone should be upset that there was a shootout. Giving up a two goal lead to an awful team that didn't manage to put a shot on net for the first 13 minutes of the game is infuriating; doing it after once again generating nothing on 5 on 3 is enough to turn even the most level headed fan apoplectic.

If you take out the infantile showcase after the 65 minute mark, we're looking at two ties resulting from blown multi goal leads, the latter against the worst team in the division. The Rangers havn't scored a single goal with a 2 man advantage all season (edit: I forgot about the home opener). They haven't scored a power play goal that wasn't the result of a breakaway or a broken play in the month of February. There is every reason to be infuriated, those directing their anger at Biron and what happened after the final buzzer sounded are just looking in the wrong places.

Last edited:

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
ah. I couldn't find a stat but I was pretty sure that I hadn't seen one all year and that I had seen every game; but now I recall that the home opener was the one game that I missed.

It was a perfect game to not watch. I think that was our only 5 on 3 ppg all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: