Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 2/14/13 - "The Lincoln Tunnel"

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Knew we were going to lose when it went to a shoot out. Marty is just not very good at them. He played well though, if you forget about the first 8 minutes of the second period.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Brad Richards and Derek Stepan, centermen #1 and #2 have been atrocious this season... and when your top 2 centermen are playing crap hockey... you do the math.

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
Hagelin
Gaborik
Stepan
HM: Nash, Girardi

The Good: Hags. Jesus christ.
The Bad: Powerplay looked better than usual, but still ultimately weak and a momentum killer. awful.
The Redden: Richards :facepalm:

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Pretty depressing I have more faith right now in Halpern creating offense than Richards/Stepan/Boyle combined.

That turn by Stepan in the OT was pretty much the laziest play I've seen this year.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
JT Miller's ice time in the third? i would ask for OT but we all know it was 0. i dont understand how people expect rookies to prove themselves when they barely get to play late in the game. even richards got shifts in OT and well...we know how richards is doing.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Hags was without a doubt our best player. Gabby had a solid game. Boyle was pretty good. Didn't score but he played hard. Cally was Cally.

New suggestion:
The Good
The Bad
The Richards

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I thought Stepan was good tonight?

Oh forget it, I'm convinced I watch different games than the rest of these boards :shakehead

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
miller hadm a good first few shifts but then wasnt that goos. Id send him down now that boyle is back

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I thought Stepan was good tonight?

Oh forget it, I'm convinced I watch different games than the rest of these boards :shakehead

Stepan played well tonight. Not in our top-3 but he played well. Same as Gaborik.

Apr 10, 2012
still blame the fight 100%. gaborik may have scored after it, but i don't think they touched a puck before it and after it they were all over the place. (FYI I AM EXAGGERATING I KNOW THEY TOUCHED A PUCK(since i'm sure somebody will quote that as a literal statement))

also... you don't ****ing boo your backup. biron gets the job done 90% of the time. so classless. the guy deserves respect. he has a poor five-hole, but he's a great backup and plays a style that hank doesn't. he played a hell of a game against tampa and only let in three in a game that could've gone much worse. absolutely deplorable.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
calm down marty played a great game...he just kinda sucks at the shootout

Has Biron ever made a save in the shootout for the Rangers? I knew the Rangers were doomed when they couldn't end it in OT. Fall asleep for 10 minutes in the 2nd period, and this is the fate you deserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad