Islanders' Lamoriello wants new coach in place by next week

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not trying to be a jerk at all.

You think the Isles are ready to win in the next few years?
I think the isles have a strong offense, a weak defense,need a #1G and have a solid prospect pool in a parity filled league.

With 4 picks in the top 43,Lou has the trade chips to quickly fill some of those roster holes.

Ready to win a SC now? No. In the next few yrs? We need to see what a competent GM and head coach add before we can answer that question.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Not trying to be a jerk at all.

You think the Isles are ready to win in the next few years?

Yes,

the offense is already in place. They can find their goaltender this off season as well as be on their way to fixing the defense.

One thing with Weight is the lack of any type of defensive strategy. If they played any type of defensive game they would've been much more competitive this year and cut down the goals against. Tighten up the system with Trotz and it makes this team very hard to play against.

Reactions: Sam Spade

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Lou can get Trotz and JT signed, and we haven't even gotten to the draft or free agency yet. He is already the early favorite for Exec of the year by the mere change in culture he has brought in with the Snow/Weight firings.

Reactions: MC2D

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
If Lou can get Trotz and JT signed, and we haven't even gotten to the draft or free agency yet. He is already the early favorite for Exec of the year by the mere change in culture he has brought in with the Snow/Weight firings.

Which would be kind of funny given all it is is signing your own player and backing a truck up for an unemployed guy who just became available at the right moment.

I wish my job were that easy.....

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
If it were as easy as you say, others would be doing the same thing.

Others don't have an opportunity to sign Tavares (and for all we know he is doing what would be logical in a negotiation, taking it to the end) and there is a very limited number of options on Trotz. Again, if my job were that easy that that was all it took to be named Executive of the Year, wouldn't I have a lovely job?

If Brian Burke gets no credit for his work in Anaheim, hard to imagine how much credit you get for signing your own player and having the Stanley Cup coach let go at exactly the right time. On the second it is a lot of what one might call luck located in the little house out back.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
For what it's worth if the Isles offer 5x5 I can see why Trotz would jump at that and not take some time off. He has a family to think about here, and his value will NEVER be higher than it is right now.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Others don't have an opportunity to sign Tavares (and for all we know he is doing what would be logical in a negotiation, taking it to the end) and there is a very limited number of options on Trotz. Again, if my job were that easy that that was all it took to be named Executive of the Year, wouldn't I have a lovely job?

Was Lou the GM that let him get to UFA status months out? He is there to clean up the mess left for him. I doubt a rookie GM or Snow would have a snowballs chance in getting Trotz and JT signed. By all signs the odds have went up tremendously on these 2 events happening. So yes, as of right now, what he has done in his short time there is noteworthy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Typical cheap ass move by the islanders not flying him into JFK or LaGuardia
I've flown through JFK and LaGuardia. And all I can say to that. Is I avoid both like a plague compared to the Airports I have flown through throughout the world. May have done Trotz a favour there.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Was Lou the GM that let him get to UFA status months out? He is there to clean up the mess left for him. I doubt a rookie GM or Snow would have a snowballs chance in getting Trotz and JT signed. By all signs the odds have went up tremendously on these 2 events happening. So yes, as of right now, what he has done in his short time there is noteworthy.

Yeah. Real difficult stuff. I hope to work for you someday. I foresee huge bonuses in my future as you seem easily impressed.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's the only vacancy left so it makes sense he'd go there to interview. He could always still opt to sit for a year or wait to see if a position opens up during the season. Any other coaches starting the year out on the hot seat?

Dewey Eye

Apr 28, 2014
How can you be so ******** when you’re team won the cup so recently. I’d say sorry you lost your coach but... nah

lol. exactly. its like someone who just won the lottery condescending someone who is broke for not managing their money properly

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Since Botta was correct on the original tweet that started this thread with Lamoriello landing Trotz yesterday. Here is a follow up tweet from him on JT worth mentioning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad