Islanders = Kryptonite

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Ugly ugly game
We had our chance agt 3-3 and blew it again, we just didnt deserve to win
Even if he played bad I m not ready to throw all the blame on Price, the players in front of him have a lot of responsabilities in that loss too and let players alone in front of the net way too many times tonight, that s how most of the goals got scored.
Just a team loss because not everyone showed up, a few did, not every1

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:laugh: how did I know some people were gonna blame Price on this one... The team's defense tonight was horrible. Only the 4th goal should have been saved but on that goal Pacioretty took himself out the play to hit some guy even tho he had no stick...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well that sucked. MT needs to work on his teams weak ass D coverage. I don't know what's up with Price but something is off with him lately.

Caps tie B's @ 3

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Probably and no word will be said about Bouillon tipping the 4th goal and their self prcolaimed ''#1'' Center Desharnais being very average tonight.

kaberle and cube were terrible tonight and DD playing a bowling ball on markov - on 5th goal was quite pathetically funny

ChuckieG

Feb 9, 2013
Montreal, QC, Canada
Blaming Price is the easiest way to go, and if you want to blame him go ahead.

But, while he play has been less than stellar since he came back from the flu, the overall defensive effort by the team the last few games has been atrocious. Even Budaj who supposedly played an amazing game vs the Bruins, let in 3 goals. You can't always expect to win games 5-4 and 4-3.

How many times have we seen an opposing player completely left alone in the slot? It's ridiculous. Defensemen are being beat by the backdoor play on a consistent basis. Forwards aren't covering the opening shot at the top. It's like we've completely lost any sense of a defensive structure.

I would worry about Price but I know it's just a matter of time before he gets his game back. We just can't expect to make a deep playoff run playing that type of D. It's not going to work vs. teams like the Penguins, Bruins, Leafs.

On a brighter note, I think we just got a glimpse of the great defensemen PK will become for us in the future. Absolutely stellar.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
I like the D involvement on offence, but we are a very soft team in our own end. Face off coverage is awful. Out schemed on set plays.

Price needs to give a ****. Arguably the worst player on the ice over a string of games now...

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Price **** the bed, easily. He's not immune from criticism and shouldn't be. 12 GA in his last 2 games is unacceptable. He needs to shape up.

Especially when we scored 9 goals. I mean, come on. You score 9 goals in 2 games, you should have a pretty good chance of winning both those games.

I don't have a problem going back to Budaj for the next one if that's what it takes to remind Price to get his head in the game.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
It is unacceptable. But the defense has been even worse.

Sorry but when you give up 3 goals scored by someone alone in the slot, your defense is horrible.

Defensive coverage was poor, but Price is being paid to make some of those saves to give us a chance. He hasn't given us a chance recently and it's frustrating to see considering how well we've been playing as a team overall.

He needs to be better, that's all there is to it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
This one is all on Price unfortunately. Even the goals before the 4th one, he didn't seem like he was in it. Looked like he wasn't able to get into that extra gear to make the save. He's now cost us the last 2 games he played, amazing goalie and i'm sure he'll rebound, but this sucks. We could be on a 3 game winning streak if it wasn't for him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Rough game for Price... two in a row.

Tonight though we really did let players walk into the slot by themselves. Yeah, Price could've stopped some of them but our coverage has to be better than that.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
D coverage is ass cheeks, but it has been ass all year...it just so happens that teams are starting to score on us now.

I really wan to see us go after a big, physical Dman that can clear the front of the net.

Also, the forwards do a poor job of picking up the trailer. Happens way too often.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Lose Bourque, trade Cole and we are moving right back to being the softest team in the league. I was hoping MB would move us towards becoming a team with character.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
they definitely had a let down and played all night long like it was an exhibition game. weird place to play. 5000 fans, like a museum in there with 2 000 of them habfan

void

Jan 5, 2006
:laugh: how did I know some people were gonna blame Price on this one... The team's defense tonight was horrible. Only the 4th goal should have been saved but on that goal Pacioretty took himself out the play to hit some guy even tho he had no stick...

It's not 100% his fault but he wasn't very good. He's gotta bail his players out sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad