Islanders = Kryptonite

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Speaking of the Islanders, want to have some fun? Google "John Tavares is a bust" and see what people were saying about him 3 years ago. :laugh:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Speaking of the Islanders, want to have some fun? Google "John Tavares is a bust" and see what people were saying about him 3 years ago. :laugh:

I didn't see the game but what I read it was an awful letdown. Interesting that Ryder got 3 assists. I hadn't noticed that the Bruins wasted a 3-0 advantage to lose in OT. Well, 1 point shaved off our lead is better than 2. The lowly Caps did the Habs a favor? Hard to digest.

Last edited:

Maelpj*

What did he say?

Btw, I was at the game in Uniondale tonight. :)

A very empty arena... and a little too much 4th line...

MTL need an enforcer.

Moen doesn't deserve his PK time. Player gotta deserve PK time like they deserve PP time.

Price have been weak on the 4th goal.

couple of other good things I don't really remember

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Michel Bergeron has been surprisingly spot on lately.
Apart form saying that Price was weak only on the 4th goal. And that, Price must be pissed about his performances lately, or mainly all the goals he let in. Hence talking about Price's state of mind, then believing he'll bounce back and that Price isn't bothered with Budaj playing some games because of how he's matured. That was about the only thing spot on, or that made sense.

Bergeron also said Gallagher was invisible tonight. That's ********. Kid had a good game, just couldn't score some points. He's also saying that the 4th line is rubbish and that they don't deserve being on the PK. However, he says earlier that overtaxing top trio players by putting them on the all the special units, such as pleks, was a big problem last year. He also fails to notice that MT puts the 4th line on the PK because they're being played as defensive players, not gritty, run opponents down type forecheckers.

I'll agree that he has made some fair points in other episodes. But tonight, I thought he was fairly clueless. Darche made some good comments.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

It's ridiculous. I had no doubts in my mind he'd become one of the best centermen in the NHL and sure enough he is.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
My take on this game:

Price sucked we all know that. But he wasn't the only one. The whole D was awful last night.

Bouillon, Markov, Subban and Emelin have 6 tunrovers just in the defensive zone.
How many time we have seen Tavares, Moulson, Nielson etc alone in front of the net? Add 2 pp goal to the mix and you get a recipe for disaster.

Not saying it's not Carey's fault because he's part of the problem (yesterday night) but the whole team was bad.

Another point, seems like every player were scared to lose yesterday all game long, afraid to take and give a hit to. Like last year.

Overall the game was a huge mess. Islanders have 1 line , there's no reason to let 6 goals in.

Markov is exausted out there. 27 minutes yesterday. I know Diaz is MIA but it's still too much for Markov (we all notice all slow he is).

My opinion on Price now:

I don't know if it's just a small portion of fefan that are just waiting for a bad performance to jump on Price but this board was crazy last night.
- Halak was better
- Never won nothing
- Trade Price
- Play Budaj for the rest of the season
etc etc.

Price never won nothing in the nhl yet? I agree. He's still the best goalie on the team + a franchise player + part of the next elite goalies of the league.

He's paid 6.5 we all know that but he's struggling like every good goalie at some point.

Budaj will play next game and good for him. Price will come back.

Nobody is no Roy or Brodeur, nobody is saying that, all the anti-Price need to chill out.

We aren't in first place just because of the system, we did some good thing, Price included.

We lost a game, let's just move on. Great team rise in adversity. Keep in mind that we don't have the players Chicago, Boston, LA etc etc have. I still think we don't have a first place team on paper but since the start of the season we were playing like one.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
That Moen elbow on Tavares was a cheap shot. Moen fell and gave him an elbow drop right to the gut. That was what he was slamming the bench door for.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
My take on this game:

Price sucked we all know that. But he wasn't the only one. The whole D was awful last night.

Bouillon, Markov, Subban and Emelin have 6 tunrovers just in the defensive zone.
How many time we have seen Tavares, Moulson, Nielson etc alone in front of the net? Add 2 pp goal to the mix and you get a recipe for disaster.

Same thing happened on saturday against penguins, some brutal zone coverage by D. Guys like Crosby & Kunitz left alone all night in high slot. Was better against Boston I guess team was just more focused, but I am at loss to explain how NHL dmen can blow their coverage so much.

Every goalie goes through rough patches look at the NYR, Lunqvist went .904 in january.

Pricef*

Lose Bourque, trade Cole and we are moving right back to being the softest team in the league. I was hoping MB would move us towards becoming a team with character.

This comment makes absolutely no sense. Did you not watch the Bruins game?? This team is full of Character.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
was at the game...

on another note... My god is the Nassau Coliseum hilarious... Feels like you're watching a game inside EA sports NHL '94! btw the low def 90's quality scoreboard, to the info screens with graphics from the 80's, to the falling apart lower bowl seats & boxes only on one side... the whole things looks more like something from Slapshot then a modern NHL arena. I'm amazed any player signs there as a UFA (not that there are many), and feel bad for the fans (as few of them as there were).

i guess on the flip side, the fact that tickets are dirt cheap and easy to get for any game is appreciated by anyone who is just a pure hockey fan.

How about the too-narrow corridor (just one for the entire building) and run down bathrooms (of which there are not enough). That's just the visible stuff. The roof also leaks, and the ice-making equipment sucks (poor ice surface). If your seat is falling apart, just move to another. There are plenty available.

The only UFA's to sign there the past few years were bargain basement players with no better options. This will change when they move into their new arena in 2015. State of the art digs and NYC location will be very appealing to UFA's.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
No it was an interviewer asking him the question. Something like

"Did you guys lose because of indiscipline?" and Therrien went mad.

Yea the journalists was talking about indiscipline wanting to single White out. Therrien went:"what indiscpline, who, say his name!". Then said it's stupid to think that was the fault of the guy cause he worked hard and was intense when really it was a weak call by the ref.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yea the journalists was talking about indiscipline wanting to single White out. Therrien went:"what indiscpline, who, say his name!". Then said it's stupid to think that was the fault of the guy cause he worked hard and was intense when really it was a weak call by the ref.

Two weak calls actually.

It amazes me how the double E duo is still in this damn league...

Tim Peel and Chris Lee should both be far far far away from this damn league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad