Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If a deal for Craig Anderson involved Greiss in return and not much else - I could get behind that with a free agent signing Hutton to be the back up.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
If a deal for Craig Anderson involved Greiss in return and not much else - I could get behind that with a free agent signing Hutton to be the back up.
Probably best case scenerio. Isles wiggle out of Griess contract and get a quality backup, who would provide some security in case Anderson continues to struggle.

Reactions: SI and beach

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Do you guys think Lou makes any deals this week before knowing JT's decision?

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
When we’re trying to maximize his return value

What a great pitch that would be. "This is Brock, he's an amazing center, that's why we play him on wing, where he also sucks... Did I mention he's a center and scored almost 20 goals on wing?" :laugh:

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saginaw fan here with Jenkins and Wilde being friends it would make sense for Wilde to play in Saginaw. The team is loaded with talent and Wilde would get loads of ice time playing with Middleton.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I thought him and Wash were close to a deal?
That's how the media has been, everyone is trying to quick to be the source that breaks the story, having all the facts doesnt truly matter anyone.

They may have been in discussions and things could have been looking positive, but Carlson getting to this window shows that they weren't as close as the media wanted to act like he was.

Also, I think more and more agents want their top guys to at least hear other teams out, if for no other reason to jack up the prices.

Reactions: periferal

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Saginaw fan here with Jenkins and Wilde being friends it would make sense for Wilde to play in Saginaw. The team is loaded with talent and Wilde would get loads of ice time playing with Middleton.

Well, I'm sorry to inform you that you are now required to provide us updates regularly. Failure to do so could results in bodily harm, look at who our GM is. Inform your other Saginaw friends/fans on here because we go after everyone associated with you. :)

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well, I'm sorry to inform you that you are now required to provide us updates regularly. Failure to do so could results in bodily harm, look at who our GM is. Inform your other Saginaw friends/fans on here because we go after everyone associated with you. :)

I will provide updates and it will be a pleasure watching Wilde, Jenkins play against SSM 8 times as well. So can keep an eye on your first round pick.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I thought him and Wash were close to a deal?

Literally the difference between "things look good" and a "signed contract."

That's why when people tell us, "Looks like Tavares is going to return," I couldn't give a ****. Remember how many times the Lighthouse was going to happen? Tavares is returning when his name is on a contract with Isles letterhead. Short of that no one should be confident.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Literally the difference between "things look good" and a "signed contract."

That's why when people tell us, "Looks like Tavares is going to return," I couldn't give a ****. Remember how many times the Lighthouse was going to happen? Tavares is returning when his name is on a contract with Isles letterhead. Short of that no one should be confident.
I guess we won't be seeing Dippin Dots anymore.:D I am more optimistic that JT signs since they got Lou and
Trotz. This anxiety is hard to take as an islander fan as we have been put through the ringer for more then a year now.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Think about it this way...

After talking about this for years, and really obsessing about it over the past year, the JT saga will all be over by the end of this week.

My dad is getting married Friday night so I will be drinking heavily either way (hopefully to celebrate and not to numb the pain).

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This week take everything with a grain of salt. Like this report below. Willing to bet Bozak's agent is the source for this Tweet...

Reactions: nyisleslover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad