GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
To be honest i expected more from Nosek. I know he's a fourth liner but all i see is him getting outworked.
Was thinking the same. For someone who was an off-season acquisition, didn't show much to separate from the in-house options from Utica.

Is blocking a promotion for one of the guys from within the organization worth his contribution? Small sample size to be sure but thought crossed my mind.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Was thinking the same. For someone who was an off-season acquisition, didn't show much to separate from the in-house options from Utica.

Is blocking a promotion for one of the guys from within the organization worth his contribution? Small sample size to be sure but thought crossed my mind.
I’ve actually liked his play quite a bit. He’s good at getting on pucks and keeping the puck. Think his contribution is more than worth it. Think he’s been much better than the in-house options

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

If Nosek is not good, Foote will take his spot and Nosek will be an extra. Young guys like Thompson or Clarke are better off in Utica then watching in street clothes in NJ.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
If Nosek is not good, Foote will take his spot and Nosek will be an extra. Young guys like Thompson or Clarke are better off in Utica then watching in street clothes in NJ.
Nosek has been much been than Foote. Thompson hardly falls into the young guy category (24 and has to go through waivers) and if anything should be on the team over Foote.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Folks are putting way too much stock into preseason performances, especially from veterans who are new to the team.

This is why I made the joke about Miller and Nosek being the obvious bottom line whipping boys when things go wrong. People are already getting on their cases when they are still trying to learn a new system and a real game hasn't even been played yet.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Folks are putting way too much stock into preseason performances, especially from veterans who are new to the team.

This is why I made the joke about Miller and Nosek being the obvious bottom line whipping boys when things go wrong. People are already getting on their cases when they are still trying to learn a new system and a real game hasn't even been played yet.
While it is far to small of a sample and there’s definitely some adjustment for them, I’m not sure you can blame Miller’s inability to complete simple passes and not lose the puck on said adjustment. But it’s still preseason and too early

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Nosek has been much been than Foote. Thompson hardly falls into the young guy category (24 and has to go through waivers) and if anything should be on the team over Foote.
This is all fine, I was arguing against the idea that Nosek is taking the spot of a young guy. Even if we say Foote and Thompson are the young guys, I think it's pretty easy for Ruff to play those guys over Nosek if Nosek underperforms.

Now has Nosek been "much better" than Foote? I dunno, I haven't watch much of the preseason, but it seems like a stretch.

And I also very much agree that preseason is grain of salt stuff.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Nosek is a perfect 4th line player for this team. FO ability, PKer, veteran, cheap. Give him some time to adjust to a new team.
He and Lazar are pretty similar in these regards.

Poor men Haula's in a way.

I think with the young talent, Fitz has put a focus on gathering up these types of guys to fill out the roster.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
This is all fine, I was arguing against the idea that Nosek is taking the spot of a young guy. Even if we say Foote and Thompson are the young guys, I think it's pretty easy for Ruff to play those guys over Nosek if Nosek underperforms.

Now has Nosek been "much better" than Foote? I dunno, I haven't watch much of the preseason, but it seems like a stretch.

And I also very much agree that preseason is grain of salt stuff.
IMO he has been much better and is just a more skilled and effective hockey player from my viewings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad