GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Thompson, Hughes, Nemec and Misyul are players to watch. Someone should prove that he shouldnt be on waivers, another one should make a little prove he can play his role on NHL level, another one should make another statement that he should be on NHL squad, and the final one should prove that he should be the first call upp for the left side of defense.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Thompson, Hughes, Nemec and Misyul are players to watch. Someone should prove that he shouldnt be on waivers, another one should make a little prove he can play his role on NHL level, another one should make another statement that he should be on NHL squad, and the final one should prove that he should be the first call upp for the left side of defense.

Misyul got 18 and a half 5v5 minutes in his first game with really good numbers. Granted it was the joke Flyer game but still promising.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This will probably be the final game that features anyone that's anything less than borderline to make the team.

The guys I consider that are probably borderline are definitely Nemec, and then Foote (Nolan) and maybe Tierney and Thompson on forward. Ultimately I think most of these guys probably won't be on the team on opening night. It all depends if they want one of Tierney, Foote or Thompson to be an extra forward on the NHL roster to start the year. I think Lazar is almost definitely one of the extras already. Tierney seems like someone they may not want to risk to waivers for depth, but he's probably safe from being claimed if I had to make a guess.

I also feel they're really going to be calculated when waiving the two goalies. I think they're gonna try to wait around and see what Tampa does first. I think Tampa probably has more interest in someone like Martin Jones (LOL), Lyon or Stolarz than Kallgren or Kinkaid, but if they can't swing a trade for one of them or find one on waivers, they may be prepared to settle for a Kallgren or a Kinkaid.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a strong feeling tonight is the last we'll see of Clarke, Dowling, Willman and Misyul before they're all sent to the AHL, along with a bunch of other guys that are still listed on the camp roster.

I honestly can't remember if Dowling and Willman have played or not. Maybe in one of the split squad games last Monday night?

Reactions: My3Sons

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I have a strong feeling tonight is the last we'll see of Clarke, Dowling, Willman and Misyul before they're all sent to the AHL, along with a bunch of other guys that are still listed on the camp roster.

I honestly can't remember if Dowling and Willman have played or not. Maybe in one of the split squad games last Monday night?
I like what Misyul brings. Hopefully he keeps progressing down there. I still wish we had some more sandpaper in the lineup.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
This will probably be the final game that features anyone that's anything less than borderline to make the team.

The guys I consider that are probably borderline are definitely Nemec, and then Foote (Nolan) and maybe Tierney and Thompson on forward. Ultimately I think most of these guys probably won't be on the team on opening night. It all depends if they want one of Tierney, Foote or Thompson to be an extra forward on the NHL roster to start the year. I think Lazar is almost definitely one of the extras already. Tierney seems like someone they may not want to risk to waivers for depth, but he's probably safe from being claimed if I had to make a guess.

I also feel they're really going to be calculated when waiving the two goalies. I think they're gonna try to wait around and see what Tampa does first. I think Tampa probably has more interest in someone like Martin Jones (LOL), Lyon or Stolarz than Kallgren or Kinkaid, but if they can't swing a trade for one of them or find one on waivers, they may be prepared to settle for a Kallgren or a Kinkaid.
I agree with you on the goalie situation for us and around the league. May as well hold onto them as long as possible.

Nemec… he’s got a lot of learning to do as all young D do but I believe on most teams he would have that 3RD spot out of camp. If not for Hughes and Bahl being young guys without a ton of experience I don’t think you see the Devils make the Miller trade.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like what Misyul brings. Hopefully he keeps progressing down there. I still wish we had some more sandpaper in the lineup.
I don't have much of an opinion on him either way, but the D already seems sealed as long as everyone is healthy. Ultimately I don't think Nemec makes the cut either, but iI do think he's ahead of Misyul on the depth chart and he'll probably be the last defenseman cut.

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
Yeah that looks about right. Although, Thompson looking like he’s been making a case for himself. Holtz probably gets the benefit of the doubt, but I’m not sure how much patience management if going to have if Holtz starts off poorly again.
Would you make Lazar your 13th forward? Perhaps Nolan Foote?

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016

Willman was noticeable when he played but mainly because he could skate well. Not much offense ability there. They both played multiple games.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't have much of an opinion on him either way, but the D already seems sealed as long as everyone is healthy. Ultimately I don't think Nemec makes the cut either, but iI do think he's ahead of Misyul on the depth chart and he'll probably be the last defenseman cut.
He certainly is ahead of Misyul, if he wasn't we'd have problems. I just like how Misyul plays the game. Nemec MIGHT get a cup of coffee to start but I am sure he'll play the majority of the year in Utica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad