GDT: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSG/MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I get antsy sitting in any theater. At least on Broadway you get to have drinks at intermission but I just feel trapped in a theater.

Anything where I have to sit in a seat for more than 90 minutes without getting up I start to get anxious around and hour and 45 minutes. It's also why I hate flying.
Yes, having an intermission is great. I don't know why they don't do it at the movies. I suspect it would greatly increase their concession sales.

The LoTR movies were brutally long, and an intermission would have been greatly appreciated. I remember in one of them I missed a key part because I had to get up in the middle to get to the bathroom because I had finished a 48 oz drink there before the movie even started.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They’re clearly still in experiment mode with the D pairs. In the end Ruff might want _____-Marino as the pure shutdown pair again.
At this point I don't think it's an experiment. I think they want the ability to give Luke protected minutes for some amount of time. So Bahl has to go up.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I think the opening night lineup is already set

Toffoli Hughes Bratt
Meier Hischier Holtz
Palat Haula Mercer
Nosek McLeod Bastian

Siegenthaler Hamilton
Bahl Marino
Luke Miller

I'd bet that is the exact opening night lineup.

I'm not sure is Lindy keeping together that Nico line after what we've seen in the past. We figured we'd go into last year with Palat-Hughes-Holtz after camp and once game 1 hit it was different. He also noted that they played poorly last game. Maybe he does just keep them together but it's not something I'd feel confident in betting on

I do think that's the D and I love it. Think we might be better off flipping Siegs and Bahl but that's a bit nitpicky

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I think the opening night lineup is already set

Toffoli Hughes Bratt
Meier Hischier Holtz
Palat Haula Mercer
Nosek McLeod Bastian

Siegenthaler Hamilton
Bahl Marino
Luke Miller

I'd bet that is the exact opening night lineup.

Yeah that looks about right. Although, Thompson looking like he’s been making a case for himself. Holtz probably gets the benefit of the doubt, but I’m not sure how much patience management if going to have if Holtz starts off poorly again.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah that looks about right. Although, Thompson looking like he’s been making a case for himself. Holtz probably gets the benefit of the doubt, but I’m not sure how much patience management if going to have if Holtz starts off poorly again.
My guess is as long as we're winning they'll keep things relatively the same. Two or 3 L's in a row early and who knows what will happen

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
What’s going on with N. Foote, has he been total crap or what? Not sure what the plans are for him.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I think it's probably Foote vs Thompson for the last forward spot. Foote probably has the inside edge though due to him being a bigger body for that 4th line role, higher chance of being claimed, younger and his expiring contract doesn't have arb rights. Thompson has looked better in the pre-season games tho but Foote also looked better in his NHL callups.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think it's probably Foote vs Thompson for the last forward spot. Foote probably has the inside edge though due to him being a bigger body for that 4th line role, higher chance of being claimed, younger and his expiring contract doesn't have arb rights. Thompson has looked better in the pre-season games tho but Foote also looked better in his NHL callups.
Which last forward spot is that?

Toffoli Hughes Bratt
Meier Hischier Holtz
Palat Haula Mercer
Nosek McLeod Bastian
Lazar 13th

The "Only" real forward spot that can be open is Holtz

I don't see how Foote or Thompson have any real shot for a spot over Holtz.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
looks like the Isles are basically dressing their full lineup tonight

1696260593337.png

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It is really nice having Nosek and Lazar who both can play center or wing.

In case of emergency guys like Haula, Nosek and Lazar are incredibly valuable to patch up the lineup.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
They still have another 2 preseason games after this too but I guess it's not like they have young guys pushing for the team so might as well just get the NHL group more time lol

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad