Post-Game Talk: Islanders def. Canucks - 6-3 (Ekman-Larsson, Pettersson, Schenn)

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Back to Back at home gotta love it. Halak is going to have a big game and earn that bonus.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I just think JR doesn't want to make his first move here to be ruthlessly screwing a vet UFA by sitting him for half a season to save a bit of cap. He's not playing badly and he's been consistently solid for years.

This is 100% on Benning, punishing Halak is just bad look. JR had just accepted the cap hit is going to suck but it's better than trying to avoid it, he'll hope for pick as some form of compensation.

I think you nailed it right there.

This management wants to create an environement where FAs want to come with a depleted prospect system. That is not a good way to start, parking a good goalie all year to screw him out of a bonus.

I also think they will try to move him and part of that is asking him to waive his NMC.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I think you nailed it right there.

This management wants to create an environment where FAs want to come with a depleted prospect system. That is not a good way to start, parking a good goalie all year to screw him out of a bonus.

I also think they will try to move him and part of that is asking him to waive his NMC.
There is not one player here Rutherford selected to play here.
He would not screw Halak but he will trade him to a contender. With Rask retiring the goalie market improved and one more performance by Smith like last night, it could be an auction that starts next week.
JR would trade to Edmonton because the odds of the Nux making the playoffs is still under 10%, 4 more losses and thats' it, put a fork in them they are done. From Edmonton, 2023 draft pick.
You never know there might be a trade partner here tonight

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
They better come out playing tonight, because yesterday they looked like crap and the only reason they were in the game was because of Demko any other stronger team they would of been losing in the 2nd, if they come out playing the same as last night then they deserve to lose.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
They still cancelling tickets that aren't STH? I hope my Leafs games tickets go through.

Yep, still reduced capacity. So priority given to STH and single ticket owners.

Also am I the only one who is slowly becoming a Kyle Burroughs fan? Guy reminds me of a poor man's Bieksa... and he's a local boy too. Hard to not cheer for him

Last edited:
Reactions: alternate

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Also am I the only one who is slowly becoming a Kyle Burroughs fan? Guy reminds me of a poor man's Bieksa... and he's a local boy too. Hard to not cheer for him

Yeah I've liked Burroughs for a while. Had a stretch where his game fell off a bit, but has been a solid depth piece. Kinda funny, for all the (justifiable) smack thrown at Benning for the blueline he built, the bottom of the roster depth pieces -- Schenn, Burroughs, Juulsen -- have all been low key great acquisitions.

Hunt still sucks though.

Reactions: wonton15 and DFAC

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Dickinson out. I think Dowling might be a better player for us at this point…

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
They better come out playing tonight, because yesterday they looked like crap and the only reason they were in the game was because of Demko any other stronger team they would of been losing in the 2nd, if they come out playing the same as last night then they deserve to lose.
Equal parts that and equal parts the Yotes stink really, really, really bad I think.

Reactions: mathonwy

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
It's particularly dumb because of Ferland's LTIR status which was known at the time of signing.

Buddy literally knew he was going to get fired and so tried everything in his power to create a bubble team

Not like it took much convincing but that former owner that convinced Aquaman to keep Benning and Green around another year is a clown. Probably couldn't name more 8 players on the team but his voice mattered because of.... reasons?

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

Burroughs fan myself, I got him more of a Shane O’Brien, he can be KB when he starts putting up points

Reactions: DFAC

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
All the Vancouver media clowns propping up Green … So much in immediate demand the Habs took a rookie coach in St. louis over considering Green

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Bo Boeser
18895697_web1_180913-IFD-Horvat2-1024x683.jpg

Reactions: canuckking1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad