Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
beags has played fantastic the last 3 games or so. he wasn't ready in the first few games.

He'll pot a couple in the NYR series. i feel it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
With an empty net and the goalie scrambling to get back in the crease, my gut feeling is to get it on net ASAP. The WORST thing to do there, is miss the net, or hit the post trying to pick the top corner of a completely vacated goal.

Halak came flying back in the play.

I may be the only one, but I have no problem with Beagle on that impressive save by Halak.

And what else was impressive, the entire series Halak anytime he went behind the net, it was often a prime scoring chance for us.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I may be the only one, but I have no problem with Beagle on that impressive save by Halak.

I'm with you RH - Beagle was fine there. Halak was just amazing. Give credit to the guy who made the better play.

Thought Beagle and GlenX did a good job getting themselves to good spots on the ice. Thought Ovie was solid - brought the booming physicality without playing out of control; had some good looks; made a real nice pass on Ward's goal.

Think we can be better offensively, and we'll have to be to beat the Rangers. Getting the 1st round/Game 7 monkey off their back should help them play with more confidence - which you need to score. Looking for Ovie and Green to step up in the next round.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'm mega impressed with this game. We outclassed the Isles completely, as we should have considering their injuries.

Can't say a bad word on any skater.
Ward is clutch.
Kuznetsov is really a rising star.
Mojo looks like a different player this series.
I can't even think about how we tried to play without Orpik and Niskanen.

Holtby made a mistake we could overcome.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I'm with you RH - Beagle was fine there. Halak was just amazing. Give credit to the guy who made the better play.

Thought Beagle and GlenX did a good job getting themselves to good spots on the ice. Thought Ovie was solid - brought the booming physicality without playing out of control; had some good looks; made a real nice pass on Ward's goal.

Think we can be better offensively, and we'll have to be to beat the Rangers. Getting the 1st round/Game 7 monkey off their back should help them play with more confidence - which you need to score. Looking for Ovie and Green to step up in the next round.

Good post.

Beagle hit the cross in game 6. Got the shot up TOO high. Now folks wanted him to get a shot up high on a vacant goal. Delaying at all to reposition the puck to lift it, is just dumb. He did what he had to do as a priority, get the puck on goal quickly. He is a grinder after all.

Ovi seems off, but contributed. He really laid a HUGE hit on Boychuk who finished minus 2, laying on the ice for both our goals. Boy wonder looked tired to me. And of course the pass to Orpik for the goal. Never forget, Ovi was the one that told Kuz to shoot. Koozy make shots. That is when his game changed.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think Mojo found himself a batch of injectable North American Hockey Player juice for this series.

Haha. Whatever it takes.

He was laying some nice hits last night. He did good work. That 2nd line is clicking. Chimmers is looking decent there. I'm hoping his luck against the Rangers remains, and that 2nd line together does some damage.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Beagle looked fine earlier in the season and he gets a certain amount of time, at least in my book, to get back to speed after his injury layoff, and he already looks OK overall to me.

You can't help but be upset watching that one on TV because practically the whole near side of the net is wide open the whole time, but he got it on net and I wasn't gonna be angry at Beagle about it--I was just gonna be angry in general, just because I thought for a half a second that it was going in, and then it just didn't. I would've been more upset had he hit the bar/post again.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Has there ever been a saltier fan base than the Isles? My word the grapes are so sour, still whining about a clean hit even after the series. I don't remember the Rangers or Bruins being this sore after losing

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Congrats on the series win. Well played and tough fought. Hoping for a Caps win in Round 2. The Rags are similar to the Isles as they are fast, but not terribly big. I think the Caps match up well against the Rags too.

The Isles learned a valuable lesson in this series about being tougher and stronger in the playoffs. Hopefully, this experience will help then youngens grow and be better next year. Good luck the rest of the way.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
After recent history in Long Island, and about to be kind of losing the team to, what, Brooklyn? Yeah, I can see why there'd be some frustration. You see how dramatic the difference in quality between game 6 and game 7, and the D injuries, and how close it ended up being, and it's just one big frustrating mess of a time right now to be an Islanders fan.

I guess they're still going to be the New York Islanders after the move to the city. The name is too big to be changed even when it doesn't make sense anymore right?

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
After recent history in Long Island, and about to be kind of losing the team to, what, Brooklyn? Yeah, I can see why there'd be some frustration. You see how dramatic the difference in quality between game 6 and game 7, and the D injuries, and how close it ended up being, and it's just one big frustrating mess of a time right now to be an Islanders fan.

I guess they're still going to be the New York Islanders after the move to the city. The name is too big to be changed even when it doesn't make sense anymore right?

Yes, still the NY Islanders. Technically, Brooklyn is on Long island, but we who live on the island consider it the city. And yes, the frustration comes from the people who live on the island who have suffered through ****** times only to see the team become good and now move to the city. Its not that far of a ride (about an hour train ride), but its still not the same. Just frustrating to see the team you grew up loving who plays 15 minutes from your house move because politicians ****ed it all up.:shakehead

Last edited:

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Yes, still the NY Islanders. Technically, Brooklyn is on Long island, but we who live on the island consider it the city. And yes, the frustration comes from the people who live on the island who have suffered through ****** times only to see the team become good and now move to the city. Its not that far of a ride (about an hour train ride), but its still not the same. Just frustrating to see the team you grew up loving who plays 15 minutes from your house move because politicians ****ed it all up.:shakehead

Yeah I was going to mention this, but I wasn't completely sure if it were true. Sorry about the move. My family is Cleveland Browns fan so we understand to some extent (althought the Isles are not moving TOO far), HOWEVER...sometimes the team can really sucker the community into giving waaaay too much money, so there's good and bad.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
halak was incredible with that save, dont understand how you can be mad at beagle. i thought halak's groin would explode when i saw him make that save :amazed:

what?

all he did was slide back in he didn't extend out and do the splits. beagle literally shot it into the center of the net.

not mad at beagle or anything, just saying.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
This needs to be shared, stare into his eyes. Take back everything from 2010.

zUTMgNn.jpg

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The Islanders board has a lot of "Caps cheap shots" and "Ive lost respect for how they play" talk. Ah, the guilty pleasures of reading another team's board. Now we know that we are finally playing playoff hockey.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

With you guys too.

Beagle made a quick move and got off a quick shot. Halak got that with his leg and then blocker and made an amazing save.

GlenX was good but he did flub that glorious chance. Altho he made a great deflection in the first place and an even better grab of the rebound off the initial Halak save to even get that glorious chance.

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Beagle doesn't need to score much to be excellent in his role. Problem is that his role should be 4th line C, not 3C. If we can jettison our current 4C in the offseason, we can slide Beagle back to where he belongs.

67% on faceoffs and killer PK is what you want out of that guy. It's really all you can hope for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad