Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I couldn't fathom that decision. There was a point with two minutes left when they were well established in the zone, but Cappy did nothing.

In kept telling my wife "they're going to pull the goalie" but it kept not happening. Thanks, Cappy!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm pretty sure Capuano didn't pull earlier because he didn't want the Capitals to be able to take full length pot shots at his net without icing the puck.

noptov

Jan 27, 2009
Mclean, VA
Mojo has grown a pair of balls in this series.

Some people here are saying that he hasn't changed in the past 3 years. Couldn't be further from the truth.

It's the kind of thing we'd see in spurts - a couple physical games here, a productive shooting streak there, but Mojo put it all together in this series.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Credit where credits due I thought all of the players everyone on here *****es about all the time stepped up big Mojo was laying people out with hits, Laich was great on the forecheck and on the walls, Green was creating lots of chances everyone contributed and played tough

Keeping a very good team to only 11 shots on goal in a game 7 in insane

Totally agree, for the most part, everyone stepped up and played great (except Brouwer). If Holtby hadn't been so cold going into the 3rd due to lack of action, they would have earned a shut out.

Great job fellas. So pleased we won a game when the chips were down. In 92 we trust, he's the guy that will change the future of this team.

Enjoy the night, and then on to the next.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
What's that?

No, we can't hear you, Nassau crowd.
:laugh:

Very pleasing closing down that dump.

As for my takeaways from this series...

1. Pay Ward whatever. Playoff dues.

2. Mojo can stay. I've had my moments with wanting to Semin him...but he's growing up. And in a good way.

3. Orpik. Worth every penny.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
How was the nbc broadcast? Pro isles as usual?
It was hilarious. They were so desperate to say SOMETHING about Islanders in second and third period, but just couldn't find the legit opportunity. Pierre was especially desperate. :laugh:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
:laugh:

Very pleasing closing down that dump.

As for my takeaways from this series...

1. Pay Ward whatever. Playoff dues.

2. Mojo can stay. I've had my moments with wanting to Semin him...but he's growing up. And in a good way.

3. Orpik. Worth every penny.
Yup, yup, and yup. I'd keep Mojo over Brouwer after this showing and his chemistry with 92.

Also has to be said that Gleason has been very solid, and he takes absolutely no crap. Wouldn't be opposed at all to bringing him back.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yup, yup, and yup. I'd keep Mojo over Brouwer after this showing and his chemistry with 92.

Also has to be said that Gleason has been very solid, and he takes absolutely no crap. Wouldn't be opposed at all to bringing him back.

Yes to both suggestions. Pay Majo the 3.7m due Brouwer, and ship Troy to Edm or Buff or wherever they want "leadership". Unless he does something tremendous v the Rags, he's dead playoff weight.

Would love a Gleason re-sign to pair with Orlov next season in bottom pair (obv bye bye Mike Green).

But on to this team somehow upsetting the Rags. If Caps can take one of the first 2 games at MSG, then at least they can take it 6.

We all know my concerns about the Rags. Here's to hoping I'm full of ****, and the Caps beat the beast of the east

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Great win! Amazing what this team can do when they are motivated. 11 shots against. 11. Gave them nothing. If not for a few shanks/great saves we get them 5-1 and Holtby just had a softie. It happens.

Kuzy is a superstar. Oh, to have one more skilled forward...

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Mojo's uptick in physicality should be getting a hell of a lot of discussion and praise IMO.

Not only the hits, but he's been really strong on the puck and along the boards too. Someone wants to get paid, and whether or not its us, if he keeps it up he'll deserve it.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Yes to both suggestions. Pay Majo the 3.7m due Brouwer, and ship Troy to Edm or Buff or wherever they want "leadership". Unless he does something tremendous v the Rags, he's dead playoff weight.

Would love a Gleason re-sign to pair with Orlov next season in bottom pair (obv bye bye Mike Green).

But on to this team somehow upsetting the Rags. If Caps can take one of the first 2 games at MSG, then at least they can take it 6.

We all know my concerns about the Rags. Here's to hoping I'm full of ****, and the Caps beat the beast of the east

No thanks on Gleason. He's slaughtering Green's possession numbers, and Green has been able to carry just about anyone he's ever been put with in that regard. If he takes a dirt cheap deal, by all means... but 2.5M+, no thanks.

Find a way to keep Green.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Just watched the post-game interviews.. some of the players look completely spent, Carlson and Orpik especially.

Great win!!

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Well, I must say I enjoyed the symphony. :)

The arrangements were by Beethoven, Haydn and Shostakovich the Russian composer.

I received a nice surprise at intermission and saw our little Russian composer with a virtuoso GWG. :handclap:

It almost look like he curtseyed at the end. Lol.

Fantastic win where they kept plugging away until they scored and then didn't get disheartened when Holtby gave up a softie. They almost totally shut down the Isles who only had 11 shots on net which is a Game 7 record. Very impressive.

The next series will be difficult but getting it done in Game 7 was sweet to see. It literally brought tears to my eyes. :D

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Trotz managed to distribute icetime evenly for F lines.

Most played D were 2 and 44, a little bit more than 23. Alzner and Carlson around 21 afair. I think they will replenish their batteries in time.

Do we have ****ing barocameras?!

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Trotz managed to distribute icetime evenly for F lines.

Most played D were 2 and 44, a little bit more than 23. Alzner and Carlson around 21 afair. I think they will replenish their batteries in time.

Do we have ****ing barocameras?!

This was key all series to wear down the Isles. No idea why he went away from it in game 6.

Sep 19, 2008
Awesome game to be at last night. Two words popcorn shower

After ward scored the place was rocking and some guy kept throwing popcorn in the air

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad