Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 5 7pm 4/23/15

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The entire Islander team looks exhausted.

Thank god there is only one day off between games. We cannot let up. Have to continue to come at them in waves...

I for one do not this to go 7. Heaven help us if that happens...not that I think we can't win if it does. Just not sure my heart is ready for a game 7 just yet.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Look at buttercup and his pacifier

What a character an ass

34fliya.jpg

I assume this is photoshopped.... or def should be if it is not.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Holtby continues his insane playoff performances. In my opinion the biggest reason why Caps are heading to Game 6 with a 3-2 series lead.

.945 SV% and 1.68 GAA in these series (against top-3 offense in the regular season).

.933 SV% and 1.98 GAA overally in his 25 playoff games.

You're right. Caps go as their goaltending goes, but that's true for most successful playoff teams too.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
@alex_prewitt: Practice lines:

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Ward
Johansson-Kuznetsov-Chimera
Burakovsky-Beagle-Brouwer
Laich-Latta-Wilson

No changes.

Would anyone do Glencross-Laich-Wilson, thought Latta is struggling with foot speed against their 4th line.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Ward
Laich-Latta-Wilson

No changes.

Would anyone do Glencross-Laich-Wilson, thought Latta is struggling with foot speed against their 4th line.

For the skill factor I would rather see GlenX on the fourth line. Wilson doesn't need support and it would give that line just that touch of skill to be dangerous. Problem is he hasn't shown that skill for some time.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Ward
Laich-Latta-Wilson

No changes.

Well since we've won the two games with him out I'd rather say I have no problems with him watching from the press box...

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
this series is already over if Holtby wasn't sick in game 1
I've stated as much in the Caps-Isles thread in the Playoff section, and in emails to friends who follow the Caps.

I also know friends and Caps board denizens who were very critical of Holtby based on his perf. last season. Some said he was an average "at best" NHL goalie. I pointed out his play vs the Bs and yes Rags as a rookie in 2012 that he showed promise early on. "Oh, he's been figured out" was many's view.

They came close to ruining Holtby trying to change his style in the OCD AO era. Glad to see him with a strong comeback reg season, and - so far - having such a very good playoffs :handclap:

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Maybe, maybe not. Things don't happen in a vacuum. Our best efforts came when we were in desperation mode. If we win game 1 maybe we get overconfident and lose game 2. If we win games 1 and 2 maybe we get complacent in 3 and 4. Maybe we never hit the level of intensity we saw in game 5 without the adversity of games 1-4.

Maybe things just are the way they are.
True.
However these "what ifs" can work out the way txpd & I think.
Maybe if the NYI see a strong performance by Holts and lose game 1, they play worse in game 2, and the outcome is an easier Caps W. A split in Nassau, and the same game 5 outcome results in a 4-1 Caps series win :D

Unfortunately in our timeline we still need to win one more !

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
First time I read it was from a Penguins poster on here. No source obviously.

The source is Pierre McGuire the Caps hater.

Although I have to admit that VC doesn't sound as loud as it did during the playoffs in 2008.
They were rocking the red and unleashing the fury for all 60 minutes of the game.
Young Ovechkin had an unprecedented impact on this team. Now everyone is used to the legend that he is. I'm not even surprised anymore when he scores. I almost expect him to score on every shot he takes.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
The source is Pierre McGuire the Caps hater.

Although I have to admit that VC doesn't sound as loud as it did during the playoffs in 2008.
They were rocking the red and unleashing the fury for all 60 minutes of the game.
Young Ovechkin had an unprecedented impact on this team. Now everyone is used to the legend that he is. I'm not even surprised anymore when he scores. I almost expect him to score on every shot he takes.

Fans are always at their loudest when their team ends a playoff drought, then it gets less special each year they make it back. I think the fans Ovechkin generated are sufficiently jaded by now that the atmosphere isn't as electric.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Fans are always at their loudest when their team ends a playoff drought, then it gets less special each year they make it back. I think the fans Ovechkin generated are sufficiently jaded by now that the atmosphere isn't as electric.

A deep playoff run will solve fan apathy, don't worry about it.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
this series is already over if Holtby wasn't sick in game 1

I disagree with this the Caps played horrible in Game 1. They could have Ken Dryden back there it wouldn't have made a difference.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad