Friedman: Islanders are following the Canucks real closely for a while now

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If LHD was abundant, yes I would have.
If he was a RHD and an identical player, would you have still made the trade? Highly unlikely. The Islanders aren’t moving Pulock for Debrincat. If they were, that deal would have been made when he was moved from Chicago originally.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Whenever I read the title of this thread, I always think of Michael Jackson and Macaulay Calkin for some reason, with the Islanders playing the role of Michael Jackson and the Canucks playing the role of Macaulay Calkin.
You are not alone

SI

Feb 16, 2013
If they traded Beauvillier. Yes.
No, rather have Mayfield over Myers.
And keep Beau.

Canucks need Myers.
And Isles are not trading away any D.

Any interest from Isles are on Canucks F.
What can they offer? futures.

If any deal is struck between the two, it will be at the deadline.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No, rather have Mayfield over Myers.
And keep Beau.

Canucks need Myers.
And Isles are not trading away any D.

Any interest from Isles are on Canucks F.
What can they offer? futures.

If any deal is struck between the two, it will be at the deadline.
I can’t imagine the NYI would want any of the available Vancouver forwards but Horvat.

Mayfield will be expensive to resign. As a UFA he’s going to see offers like Chiarot got. 4 or 5 years at $4.5mm per or so.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I can’t imagine the NYI would want any of the available Vancouver forwards but Horvat.

Mayfield will be expensive to resign. As a UFA he’s going to see offers like Chiarot got. 4 or 5 years at $4.5mm per or so.
Agreed on Mayfield price, so why are they trading for Myers who carries a 6m price tag? I repeat - and most Islanders fans will agree with this - Mayfield resigns.

And I agree on Horvat - although I think Garland could also be a target. A deal for Horvat would be for futures and closer to the deadline… don’t see a fit between Islanders and Canucks at this juncture in the season.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Most of this is nonsense from a Canucks perspective.

The only Islanders that fit the under 26 profile the Canucks GM has gone on record in interviews that the Canucks would be interested in on the Islanders are Barzal, Dobson, Wahlstrom, Raty, Wilde, Beauvillier or Romanov.
Wilde for a large bowl of strawberries to be picked when in season.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I think Miller to CBJ makes the most sense. Islander likely want Horvat or Garland (Hopefully Boeser)
i still think boeser is redeemable, he's younger, went thru a horrible year last year ... i think miller is a bad mix in the room ... a team like the canucks has no biz committing to any more 30+ guys. want them to trade everyone over 27

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I still think LL is not happy with the makeup of the Islanders and he will do a nuclear trade with the Canucks.

He will trade a player that NYI fans think or thought is part of the core.

I'm ready for it.

Subsequently, i think its Horvat going the other way to NYI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad