Friedman: Islanders are following the Canucks real closely for a while now

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
During a radiot hit, Friedman says he has been informed that the Islanders have been following the Canucks very closely since pre Halloween. Local reports in Van have also confirmed that there have been a big Islanders scouting presence during their homestand.

Is something brewing? There was of course that reported trade during the draft that got nixed at the very last second so at the very least we know these 2 teams have been in discussion for a while now.

Speculation by Vancouver media and insiders is that the Islanders are looking at Tyler Myers and Brock Boeser. Beuavallier and Pullock are the names being floated as players that would interest the Canucks.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
During a radiot hit, Friedman says he has been informed that the Islanders have been following the Canucks very closely since pre Halloween. Local reports in Van have also confirmed that there have been a big Islanders scouting presence during their homestand.

Is something brewing? There was of course that reported trade during the draft that got nixed at the very last second so at the very least we know these 2 teams have been in discussion for a while now.

Speculation by Vancouver media and insiders is that the Islanders are looking at Tyler Myers and Brock Boeser. Beuavallier and Pullock are the names being floated as players that would interest the Canucks.

Yeah of course “Vancouver media” is speculating the Canucks could dump Boeser and Myers and their $32 million remaining of contract commitment and $12.65 million combined cap hit for a top pairing RHD…lol.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Why would the Isles even trade Pulock when they just signed him?

Maybe Lou doesnt like the makeup of the team and wants more offensive juice by targeting someone like Boeser or Garland? not sure.

Pullock is just a speculated interest, the only thing that has been confirmed is there is a big big Islanders presence at Canuck games and that these 2 teams had major discussions in the summer.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A minor deal for Garland involving some salary and futures heading Vancouvers way makes the most sense.

Nobody is paying for a limpy Brock Boeser right now. And LL is certainly not trading a key RHD in his prime who he just locked up on a sweetheart AAV right as the Isles look to be contending again. That he could be had for the names mentioned isn’t speculation it’s called day dreaming.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
A minor deal for Garland involving some salary and futures heading Vancouvers way makes the most sense.

Nobody is paying for a limpy Brock Boeser right now. And LL is certainly not trading a key RHD in his prime who he just locked up on a sweetheart AAV right as the Isles look to be contending again.

I agree, I would take Garland, but the isles would need to send salary back.

Pulock isnt being moved.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lmao the Canucks are absolutely not getting Pulock for someone like Boeser or Myers.

Idk why Canucks fans think that the mediocre players on their crappy team will somehow bring back top players on other teams.

Where did you hear or read its Myers Boeser for Pullock? or you making it up ?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I havent followed the Isles much this season, what would they be looking for in the Canucks? a Forward?

Who would be made available for said Forward ? It cant be just cap dumps and picks as Salary would have to balance.

Garland is on the cheapest deal in terms of available Canuck Forwards. he makes 4.9 mil aav.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
After the Isles pretty much gifting Devon Toews to the Avs, I would think they're more hesitant to trade a dman as easily now.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
Lmao the Canucks are absolutely not getting Pulock for someone like Boeser or Myers.

Idk why Canucks fans think that the mediocre players on their crappy team will somehow bring back top players on other teams.
Literally no Canucks fans think Myers, Boeser, or pretty much most of the team have any value outside of Pettersson, Hughes, and Demko (in fact, many of us think a large proportion of the team is negative value assets), but sure, read a Friedman/Vancouver media statement as the fanbase

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Kane obviously the better player but why give up a 1st for a rental vs 4 years of 25 yr old Garland at 4.9 mil.
Why eat a prime cut ribeye when you can have four Big Macs?

I actually think Garland is kind of a fit if the teams can find a way to even out salaries. He’s undersized but at his best plays the kind of buzzsaw middle six pest game with opportunistic scoring ability that would feel right at home in an Isles jersey.

Not for a first rounder though. And having four years of term left might not actually be a positive thing.

Reactions: MakoSlade

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
The isles arent trading a 1st for another middle 6 player signed long term that has broken 50 points once im his career.

I dont think the Isles are moving a 1st for Garland either but what exactly is going the other way? Isles are showing real interest but prospect pool is kinda meh aside from Raty or Odeliuis. Plus salary would have to match.

I think Beuvaullier would be the contract going back which makes it just a change of scenery kinda trade?

I think its going to be a bigger trade that has been in the works for the last 6 months..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad