Confirmed with Link: Islanders Acquire Romanov and 4th Round pick from MTL for '22 First Round Pick (13 Overall)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Awesome. The kid can skate well enough and is a good passer. Plus, I love how he is not afraid to take the body. I hate Trouba, but teams needed to be aware of when he is on the ice. It would be nice if he can bring that same element.
He needs to get better along the boards for puck battles but he defends well with his stick and he’s a really good skater which allows him to stick with forwards and also retrieve pucks in his own end.

Reactions: Mike C

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Romo in full isles gear showing off them edges

Romanov:

1658875531363.png

Chara:

1658875771303.png

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
So many good points in here. Lou was just about the only one who saw that first post Tavares team competing. How quickly we forget right? Go take a look at the draft thread I made the day after Tavares left... NOBODY felt this team was competing, let alone going on the three year run they had.

Lou has doubled down and he has earned it. You are completely right. But as long as it takes to earn the chance to double down it takes half the amount of time to lose that respect if he f***s up.
I think I might have been on record as saying they will be better team without him, Not sure I was thinking 2 playoff rounds but felt they always played better without him. I’m not sure Lou saw 2 rounds either, I think he was looking to do what he did in Toronto, sell unwanted parts at the deadline. On the Romanov move, it’s one of the few I’ve been ok with from the Lou line of work, his age and style fit what we needed

Reactions: Mike C

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
This has been an insanely good pickup thus far. Been really impressed with him.
I don't know, for a defense core that is on an average pace of 41 goals per dman, his 0 goals is pretty disappointing.

On pace for almost 600 blocked shots . I will trade that for 5-6 goals he will score this season . Let’s just hope one of the blocks is not with his jaw or ankle…. Let’s see how good y’all are . Name my avatar in 10 seconds . No cheating ….LGI

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
On pace for almost 600 blocked shots . I will trade that for 5-6 goals he will score this season . Let’s just hope one of the blocks is not with his jaw or ankle…. Let’s see how good y’all are . Name my avatar in 10 seconds . No cheating ….LGI
Haha, I was totally joking in my post, I've been happy with his play so far. Especially the shot blocking, he's been incredible in that regard.

And a legal Traci Lords, I think?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

5-6?

You're a dreamer...

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
dude is turning the puck over WAY too much so far. I think Trotz would have sat him already. Glad Lambert seems content to give him the ice time but he's gotta right the ship sooner than later or we're going to start seeing the ugly side of variance come through sooner than later

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
dude is turning the puck over WAY too much so far. I think Trotz would have sat him already. Glad Lambert seems content to give him the ice time but he's gotta right the ship sooner than later or we're going to start seeing the ugly side of variance come through sooner than later
I tend to agree, I think his his high shot block totals are somewhat of a reflection of his inability to acquire and move the puck without error.

I still like the trade and his upside, I just think playing with a steady partner like Pulock would be best for his development right now. If the team starts to slump, I hope Lambert is willing to toy with the defensive pairings.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Give him a few games to adapt. NHL and KHL are very different leagues. The dude can hit, I'll give him that much.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Five Giveaways the last Game. Hoping he starts making better decisions. I do see upside though. I like him so far, but he cannot turn the puck over at this pace all year long!

Reactions: ndgolden

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Five Giveaways the last Game. Hoping he starts making better decisions. I do see upside though. I like him so far, but he cannot turn the puck over at this pace all year long!
Absolutely not, I’m hoping for a breakout in the second half after the holiday break. I’m willing to give Romanov some time to adjust.

He has all the tools, it’s a matter of developing the toolbox which I think does take time when you have a guy who will hit anything with a pulse.

Sometimes you have guys you need to reel in (like Romanov), while other times you have guys that you need to push to be more active (maybe Salo fits this bill?).

Development is not linear, playing behind guys like Mayfield, Pelech, and Pulock will eventually rub off on Romanov if he is the goods. Plus Lambert is a defensemen whisperer…

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad