Confirmed with Link: Islanders Acquire Robert Bortuzzo for a 2024 7th Round Pick

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
As down as everyone has been on Bolduc, I certainly think he's worth being patient with. The tools are certainly there and he has flashed some offensive ability, he's just starting his NHL career. I can understand why the Isles are hesitant to expose him on waivers because he will certainly be claimed.

Bortuzzo is lauded for his character by his teammates, he could be a nice mentor to Bolduc. Dobson had a slew of sick mentors in Boychuk, Greene, and Chara that had to have accelerated his development to his now beastly form. Bolduc is certainly not in Dobson's league, but he could develop into a nice #4D man. If you use the Costanza Squint, you can see a poor man's left handed Dobson type of player.
I can't agree more with this post. Bolduc was an all star in the AHL a couple of years ago and has potential. Aho is what he is right now. The growth and potential of Bolduc is appealing with proper coaching and development(that sometimes scares me with this staff).

Bortuzzo could be a solid partner for him for all the reasons you mentioned and bring value and youth.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
As down as everyone has been on Bolduc, I certainly think he's worth being patient with. The tools are certainly there and he has flashed some offensive ability, he's just starting his NHL career. I can understand why the Isles are hesitant to expose him on waivers because he will certainly be claimed.

Bortuzzo is lauded for his character by his teammates, he could be a nice mentor to Bolduc. Dobson had a slew of sick mentors in Boychuk, Greene, and Chara that had to have accelerated his development to his now beastly form. Bolduc is certainly not in Dobson's league, but he could develop into a nice #4D man. If you use the Costanza Squint, you can see a poor man's left handed Dobson type of player.

He's got size and can skate well. He is worth keeping. We can all look back and many of these same posters (including myself at times) have talked like this about Dobson, Romanov, Pelech, and Pulock before the 300 game mark.

TMI

Dec 15, 2019
He's got size and can skate well. He is worth keeping. We can all look back and many of these same posters (including myself at times) have talked like this about Dobson, Romanov, Pelech, and Pulock before the 300 game mark.
300 game mark? Are you saying the 3 game mark isn't a good indicator??

Reactions: YearlyLottery

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
And Holmstrom
And Gauthier earlier this year
And how Barzal couldn't possibly play wing
And
And
And

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad