Confirmed with Link: Islanders Acquire Robert Bortuzzo for a 2024 7th Round Pick

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Bortuzzo gives the Isles a physical d-minded vet to play with Aho or Bolduc on the 3rd pair. Gives them balance on each pair between puck-moving and physical D (once Aho is back). Makes sense. If the younger Isles' D were hurt then we might see a BPT callup. But with the two most reliable vet defensemen hurt they're not going to want to rely on Hutton, etc. to play with Aho or Bolduc at the NHL level.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
kind of sad how we lost 2-6 points this year from Aho and Bolduc being on the roster when Lou could easily grab guys like Reilly and Bortuzzo.

They are no all stars by any means but huge upgrades over Aho and bolduc

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
kind of sad how we lost 2-6 points this year from Aho and Bolduc being on the roster when Lou could easily grab guys like Reilly and Bortuzzo.

They are no all stars by any means but huge upgrades over Aho and bolduc
well, to be fair, as soon as Reilly was available to be grabbed, he was grabbed.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I do hate this guy because he’s dirty, see his plays on Nelson and Pelech in the past but I guess I’m glad he’s on our team now. Always love beef in the lineup

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
always thought Bort would be a good replacement for Mayfield if they had let him walk .

I'm not so sure overtaxing both scotty and bort will be a pretty sight while Pulock is out but I'll gladly take the move to deepen the depth for a 7th rounder .

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Mr. Elbows. I like the name.

Yet another JT on my sh!t list.
I really hope someone goes after Trochek the first game for the junk he pulled on Simon Holmstrom plus what he’s tried to do this year a couple times. Trouba getting another Martin-esque hit would be glorious too. Then again so would be putting 7 past Igor and watching him throw a temper tantrum.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real JT

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Bortuzzo, Fire and Grit.
Should be a welcomed addition, unless our guys invite him into the Country Club lol

Reactions: MJF

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not sure how much gas Borty has left in the tank, but I have to image he's still better than Hutton at this point.

Bortuzzo, Fire and Grit.
Should be a welcomed addition, unless our guys invite him into the Country Club lol
Romanov-Dobson
Reilly-Mayfield
Aho-Bortuzzo

No Bolduc makes me happy. I don't mind Hutton in small doses if Pelech and/or Pulock are in the lineup but it's clear that without either of them in the lineup the amount of exposure Hutton would get would be lethal to the team.

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad