Islanders 2018/19 Prospect Rankings - #4

Who is the Islanders #4 Prospect?

• Iskhakov, Ruslan - F (2018: 43rd OVR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skarek, Jakub - G (2018: 72nd OVR)

• Vande Sompel, Mitchell - D (2015: 82nd OVR)

• Wilde, Bode - D (2018: 41st OVR)

• Wotherspoon, Parker - D (2015: 112nd OVR)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Becausssssse, he also speaks Finlands svenska!:)

This is what I heard:
He was given an automatic Top 4 role on a Liiga team that many experts there felt was more akin to a Mestis team and shouldn't have been playing in Liiga with that outfit. Sport Vasa was expected to be last place right from the beginning. Unsurprisingly, the team was the worst and then relegated.

The Mestis games he then played in were not a demotion, but rather, the Liiga season was over and he was sent down to help out with the partner squad in Mestis for a few games.

This said, the guy's stats were not good. Maybe they weren't terrible in light of the situation (43 gms, 0-5-5 and -11), but just weren't good by any means. A -2 in two Mestis games doesn't rock the boat either.

Then again, he still made the WJC squad (in a minor role) and had 1-15-16 in 54 Liiga games in his draft year.

For me, I can say that I watched (and interviewed) him live at the Ivan Hlinka a few years back and he had ALL the tools. He was all over the ice and very present in all three zones. He made smart plays. He made simple plays. He liked throwing guys around. He was very heady in his zone with and without the puck. He knew when to take a few steps or when best to move the biscuit ASAP.

I know that all doesn't have to mean too much now, but I'm sold on the kid as far as the package and his overall game is concerned. However, he hasn't gotten much taller since that Ivan Hlinka and that was what, 2015? He was pretty much exactly my height and I'm 5'11.

One way or another, this upcoming season will be telling. He's scheduled to remain in Liiga and play with SaiPa, which is clearly a better team that what he played for last season.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I’ve not seen him play this season, only followed him through the stats. Hopefully he will be able to bounce back at SaiPa next season.

Tack ännu en gång, Chapin.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad